Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    I'm working on a FeedBomb version for Elementalis. There was one of the same generation as ZTC 3.0 called "The FeedBomb Swarm".

I think the DP version I'm chewing on may be stronger than the original, however. Will post it when I'm satisfied with its effectiveness and consistency.
    Feedbomb could be quite powerful for swarming with elem.... I like.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only problem arising from it are board wipes. By the time you can pull out a strong 3-4 ally FeedBomb, they are likely to be able to wipe the board the following turn. At least, Priests and Mages, that is.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    16 obvious cards are:
    4x bazaar
    4x bs
    4x feedback
    4x Mind Control

The rest are the trouble...lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel only 3x Feedback are necessary, but that's just me.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah. 3 are good for me too. I usually sac 1 if I have four. Also used this deck (with an additional feedback) to complete Random Heroes QM task. Earned me 500 sc. Thanks for sharing the concept of feedbombing. It really goes off when it does.
    Wanna know how to draw 13 cards in 1 turn? See this - http://youtu.be/4t7QlmwK_HM

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Simple as it may seem, that ratio probably took more testing and calculating than any other single factor in the deck.
    I'm trying to create my own Zaladar deck, and I was wondering how you did your calculations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    he didnt calculate, he just threw it together and adjusted by guessing
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    Feedbomb could be quite powerful for swarming with elem.... I like.
    I like the idea of elementalis with feedback.

One of my observations is that once elementalis loses board control, it is almost impossible to gain it back. Something as basic as your opponent having a single creature out but you don't can sound the death knell (because of the first-strike nature of creature combat).

Feedback would allow for moves like playing a creature followed by mind-control, or playing 2-3 fatties at a single time. Even if your opponent gets rid of one (via mind-control or whatever), you still have 1 around.

Hope to see an updated elementalis feedbomb deck soon. Elementals is my favourite hero of late (because of Zaladar's ability to quickly generate incredible card advantage and energy), and I would like to see Elementalis work as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ZTC 4.0 - The Feedbomb Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    he didnt calculate, he just threw it together and adjusted by guessing
    Lol, I just saw this.

Yes, all my decks are random cards, pulled out of the proverbial hat. Then I just play game after game after game, replacing random ones, regardless of their impact on previous games, until I stumble upon a combination of 40-44 cards that, sheerly by dumb luck, start winning.

I thought this was how all the great deckbuilders do it...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ZTC 4.0 - The Feedbomb Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by silentdirge View Post
    I'm trying to create my own Zaladar deck, and I was wondering how you did your calculations.
    Honestly, I started off with 4x Shadow Font, as this number worked well in ZTC 3.0; I never even gave Interference a thought. This oversight is mostly due to having gotten used to using Sliver of Shadow in ZTC.

You see, with Sliver of Shadow, I could get a fast 2 damage on the board, right behind using my ZalBlast and, due to the ally-heavy nature of ZTC 3.0, opposing heroes seldom had stores of Shadow Energy built up, so Interference wasn't often to be of much usefulness.

However, it was guildmate Poochie, I think (forgive me if it was someone else, and I have slighted you by not giving you credit for the insight), who showed me the wonderful synergy between Shadowvein and Interference.

At this point, although Sliver of Shadow had worked well in ZTC 3.0, it didn't have nearly as much effectiveness in the Dark Prophecies meta, AND Shadowvein seemed out of place to fill the role of Sliver of Shadow, especially since the primary function of Sliver was to compliment a turn 4-5 ZalBlast to wipe my opponent's board. But, upon the inclusion of Darkwood Wraith, the need was not as great for this.

Still, after seeing how devastating Shadowvein could be alongside Interference, I found that running purely Interference as my Shadow Energy accelerator led to those turn 4 situations where I really needed my ZalBlast and didn't have 4SE yet, but A.) Interference just isn't a very cost effective method to gain you 1SE, even if you DO need it right then, and B.) if facing a hero whose ability can/has been used by turn 3-4, Interference does nearly nothing for you in the early game.

So essentially it boiled down to sometimes you need an SE boost on turn 4, ergo Shadowfont, but Interference is super powerful alongside Shadowvein, late game, and so also had to be represented. I tried 4-0 of either, and 3-1 Interference/Shadowfont, and 1-3 Shadowfont/Interference, and none of those fit the bill in the majority of situations the way 2-2 of each did. 1-3 Shadowfont over Interference leads to plenty of early game acceleration, and even a decent late game boost, but rarely lets you capitalize on Shadowvein's full potential. 3-1 Interference over Shadowfont is great late game, but only if you, for the most part, have/keep Shadowvein in play and/or are facing an opponent who stores Shadow Energy; and, it does very little for you in the early game.

So, wanting 4 total accelerator cards in the deck, 2-2 had to be where things fell to make the most of both cards' utility and function.

I hope this gives some insight as to how/why I came to the conclusion I did about which cards to use and why to use how many of each.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 09-09-2013 at 11:36 AM.