Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha I see. Well, after four iterations/versions, ZTC is more of a brand now than a specific descriptor

Deck breakdown and analysis should be up today.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Commentary added to post #2.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How does the deck deal with lone wolf? I find I am facing wulven a fair amount of the time (particularly moonstalker) and his ability is just driving me nuts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sadly, as was the case in 3.0, Lonewolf (of the Moonstalker variety) is probably the deck's absolute worst matchup. You could add in 2x Sever Ties to compensate for this, although I'm not certain what you'd want to remove to make room to keep it at an even 40. Some decks don't need AS much consistency, and can have 42-44 cards; however, ZTC is probably not in that category, as a T2 Bazaar is so key.

Solo Gwen (uncommonly seen in the meta), solo Amber (seemingly even less commonly seen now), and Lonewolf (unfortunately NOT uncommon) are the hardest decks or ZTC to face.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    solo ter adun isnt hard?
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 06-26-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,
    thx for posting this build. It's gr8.

However I noticed it's auto-loss to Gwenneth Truesight.
    Also had mixed results vs. Eladwen Frostmire rush builds. Noticed that bazaar does her more good than me.

I added +1 Morphic Armor, maybe it'll help a bit vs. Gwenneth

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For a long time now, it has been the common understanding that Zaladar is an auto-loss to Gwen. This is mainly due to his strongest attributes being tied to opponents' allies, which Gwen is traditionally light on. As was stated above, every deck has some weak point, otherwise the game would be imbalanced, and everyone would play that deck. Gwen is, indeed, a very difficult hero for this deck (and in many ways, Zaladar decks, in general) to handle.

As far as Eladwen goes, this deck can succeed without Bazaar; its strategy just needs to be adjusted, accordingly. In short, don't play Bazaar against Eladwen, and certainly not against Eladwen rush decks. You really benefit from the easier sac choices granted to you by Bazaar, but the idea behind this is that you will lose the early board, only to turn the game around starting around turns 5-7. If you put a T2 Bazaar out against an Eladwen rush deck, you'll never survive to see T7. Just sac the Bazaars against her and use Bad Santa as opportunity provides, if you're able.

EDIT: In the case with Eladwen (or Mages, in general) you should wait to play Bazaar until they've played a Tome of Knowledge. Going card for card against a Mage might not be an uphill climb, as they need resources to maximize their efficiency, as well. However, once they get a draw engine in place, you'll need one of your own, and even if they have a Tome of Knowledge in place already, and Bazaar is giving them 2x cards per turn, plus the 1 card they can draw from Tome of Knowledge, for a total of 3x cards per turn, versus your 2x cards per turn. In this case, 3:2 is a better ratio for you to face than 2:1, so playing Bazaar is the better move. However, also keep in mind that they cannot use Tome of Knowledge to its true effectiveness until they have 4-6 resources, as they still need resources to play the cards they draw with it. So don't just play Bazaar as a response to a Tome of Knowledge. If they play a Tome of Knowledge on T2, you'd be wise to not play your Bazaar until T4-6, because your opponent won't benefit much from that Tome of Knowledge early on, whereas he WILL benefit from your Bazaar early on.

I hope that made sense.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 06-25-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes perfect sense. Thx!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Always fun to play the FeedBomb build!!

;0

"Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex"
    Ex Ignibus Resurge!

Magistrate of House El
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

INFORMATION on OUR GUILD WoTBP:
    www.wotbp.proboards.com
    or check us out here:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....eatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Had an awesome match using this deck.[Only added Morphic Armor]
    vsdgniuz v/s laMike
    Turned around a clearly lost match in one move. My best FeedBomB yet.

Edit: Zaladar gets stuck at bottom after MCing SK. Double click on stuck zaladar at bottom of screen and it gets released and replay continues.
    Last edited by -V-; 07-13-2013 at 06:46 PM.