Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serena Superdraw 2.0 - Blanket of Night

For starters, this is a "serious" deck, not a gag deck, as was the original Serena Superdraw. That said, it's also not a top tier competitive deck, but it is very solid and consistent, and should do well in most instances. It does have a lot of opportunity for card drawing and card advantage, and so in that regard, it does live up to its moniker.

Serena Thoughtripper

2x Jasmine Rosecult
    2x Lily Rosecult
    4x Aldon the Brave
    2x Armored Sandworm
    4x Nightshade
    2x Agent Rex
    2x Night Owl

4x Stop Thief
    4x Retreat
    3x Treasured Heirloom

3x Black Garb
    4x Anklebreaker
    3x Fan of Blades

Total: 39+Hero

The first thing you may notice and object to is the absence of Ill-Gotten Gains. I understand your hesitation, but rest assured, it's not as necessary in this build as Rogue decks tend to make it. 16 of the cards in the deck are either direct, or indirect, card drawing sources. That said, the tempo gained by playing something like Treasured Heirloom on T4 outweighs the advantages of Ill-Gotten Gains. If you doubt the validity of the statement/assessment, simply try it out for a few games, and you'll come to find that having T4 free to play an ally, or a board-taking card (such as TH on one of your allies) helps to compensate what Serena lacks in terms of being able to retake the board once it's lost to her.

As often as you can, use your ability on Anklebreaker on T5 to hit your opponent for 4 damage along with knocking one of their power cards out of their hand, as by this time, they're usually down to ~2 cards in hand, and it's one they've been building up resources to play and, therefore, one you don't want to have to deal with once it's on the board.

Secondly, don't forget that Fan of Blades, coupled with Serena's ability, is nearly a board-wipe in itself. If you have one or two allies (often simple when many of your allies have Stealth) it really can serve as a board wipe. The amount of card advantage a Fan of Blades board wipe can generate is truly amazing - in one turn, you can kill three allies, knock a card from your opponent's hand, and draw a card back from it - as well as the 3 damage you dealt to their hero.

Retreat, Anklebreaker, and Fan of Blades all deal with keeping the board in check.

On a side note, when playing second, a T2 Agent Rex against a Mage who has dropped his own T2 Tome of Knowledge, is quite nice. He either has to commit a Fireball to killing your Agent Rex, or watch his draw engine become yours on the following turn. Agent Rex can also steal other items later on in the game (to and including other people's Ill-Gotten Gains!) later on in the game.

Anyway, so there you have it - semi-competitive and very fun to play. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 06-11-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting concept. My version is Mostly solo Serena.

Watch Card Fox comes in here makes a comment and get this thread locked also. -_-
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    only 36 card, 4x jasmine right? or you missing a ally?
    In game name: XYou

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually we both miscounted. It was missing the 3x Black Garb - very important element of the deck's survivability!

Deck list corrected.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Awesome job BEffect
    Ill start using serena cause of this then lol
    𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓐𝓼𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓼

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    will have a little fun play it, but as you said it is not a top tie anyway.

The problem of Treasured Heirloom, it is attachment and you have to have ally to bear it.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree completely BlanketEffect statement about Treasured Heirloom being just as effective of a draw engine as Ill-Gotten Gains. Of course I rather have an Ill-Gotten Gains on the field but in some cases, especially since this deck has so many indirect draws, that will be the only boast you need to finish off your opponent and securing the victory. Good deck BlanketEffect hope the others who try it have just as much fun.
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, the Treasured Heirloom serves a dual role in the deck. First, it is yet another source of draw, and as the deck is very ally-heavy, you're seldom without ability to play it. Second, when playing first, you don't always get the Aldon you need to play behind your (3) ally to kill your opponent's (3) ally. Treasured Heirloom (in the deck) effectively doubles the chances of being able to give your T3 ally killing-strike capability against your opponent's.

With as much draw, hand distraction, AND card advantage as the deck generates, I just think that not only is IGG unnecessary, it is actually a hindrance to the deck because of the tempo drag it brings to you on T4.