Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Stealthy Serena deck

I main a boris deck and never changed, ever. but i wanted to try out more heroes from this game recently and now i made my 2nd deck. It has some ellements from my warrior deck as you will see (aldon and jasmine are very very good imo)

Hero: Serena Thoughtripper

Allies:
    -------------------------
    3X Jasmine Rosecult
    2X Lily Rosecult
    3X Puwen Bloodhelm
    2X Aldon the Brave
    4X Priest of the Light
    3X Nightshade
    2X Agent Rex

(19 Allies)

Abilities:
    --------------------
    4X Assassination
    2X Sorcerous Poison
    4X Stop, Thief!
    3X Silent Strike

(13 Abilities)

Armor/Weapons:
    -------------------------
    3X Black Garb
    4X Anklebreaker

(7 Armor/Weapons)

Total: 39 Cards + 1 Hero

I mainly wanted a deck with cards costs not higher than 4, to have a pretty fast deck and with 6 sacrifices you can do everything, so no more sacs after that so your hand doesnt get depleted that fast. Only Anklebreaker is costly.
    The first goal in this deck is to get anklebreaker, having 4 in this deck almost ensures the T5 drop. (I have yet to play a game without one in my opening hand ).

Surviving the early rounds is mostly done with Black garb and assassination, keeping the enemy allies at bay. Games start mostly at T2 with Puwen, T3 PotL. These 2 mostly do the early game hero damage and killing of some enemy allies. But the consistent damage comes from Nightshade/Aldon and Anklebreaker.
    The reason behind Silent Strike is i liked the draw ability keeping you hand up . Also giving stealth/ambush to Jasmine/Aldon can get some more safe damage on the enemy or keep her/him alive when you know she/he is the next target.
    Stop, Thief! and Agent Rex are there to remove dangerous items (obviously)
    Adding Sorcerous poison puts extra pressure on the enemy and can help denying the enemy to attack your hero (just like Black Garb).

This is just the start for me into new heroes so i need to learn a lot more (cards/tactics/etc.)
    I have a feeling this deck can be improved alot and needs more playtesting so if you guys have some advice/help/critique on this deck, by all means i'd like to hear it!

ps: I first thought of putting in Champion of Irum instead of Puwen but my in-game wallet couldnt handle it . Any thougts on CoI vs Puwen ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Two things: Every rogue deck needs 4X Ill-Gotten Gains. It is, by far, their best draw engine. Second, Fan of Blades is a weapon designed for Serena. Combined with IGG, Black Garb, and Serena's ability you can clear the board and fill your hand at the same time.

Suggestions:
    -1 Assassination
    -2 Sorcerous Poison
    -3 Silent Strike
    -3 Puwen Bloodhelm

+4 Ill-Gotten Gains
    +3 Fan of Blades
    +1 Black Garb
    +1 Nightshade

Also consider Night Owl in place of POL as he can be a backup source of cards if you don't pull IGG right away, and his stealth is occasionally useful.
    This beast comes out when it is 25 degrees below zero
    It can rip your head off
    It can fly as high as a bird
    It can bite your face

Theme Song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwald View Post

ps: I first thought of putting in Champion of Irum instead of Puwen but my in-game wallet couldnt handle it . Any thougts on CoI vs Puwen ?
    Puwen shall serve you just fine. The advantage in using Champ is the fact that you can potentially drop a beefy 3/5 for just 2 resources during mid-late game, and obviously that is quite powerful. But, in my experience, Champ is dropped as a 2/4 most of the time (except on t2, of course) which is still not bad for 2 resources. Champ is also sweet to drop at t2 because he can cause headaches for your opponent and is an ally that most opponents seek to deal with as soon as possible, and taking attention away from Serena to preserve her health is always key. I personally like using cheap allies with Serena because of the expensive weapons she wields, so I generally run a mix of Puwen and Champ. I think it would be worth it for you to invest in 2x Champion if Irum, but Serena runs just fine without him.

I think your deck runs a bit weak on draw. Serena has so many ways to draw cards now that you DON'T need to run 4x IGG, which allows for a wider array of options at t4 (Smoke Screen being one of my favorites). Try including 2x IGG and see how it plays out for you. Remember, you don't need to drop it at t4 every single time. Try dropping Assassination and replace those with 4x Night Owl, or a combination of Night Owl and Smoke Screen. Or, you can even give Fleet-Footed Messenger a shot to switch and dig for cards you need. Silent Strike is cool, but IMO these could be switched out for 2x or 3x Fan of Blades.

These are some ideas for you to try. I have played Serena A LOT! in Call of the Crystals, and the various ways you can build her now keeps surprising me in Dark Prophecies. She went from a cookie cutter hero to one who has tons of flexibility while remaining competitive.

Have fun!