Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Shield

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Holy Shield

Should read "[...] until the start of your next turn"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool, got some ally control atlast with all the heals and protections.
    In 1.05 allies died so fast that they didn't have much power.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Love the art on this one, but then again, I love the art on all of them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    animation so beautiful ^__^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Power level: seems pretty good if you stick it on your hero, amazing if you stick it on epic protector guy. Probably a good place to be, gives a decent reason to play Priest.

Flavor: I actually don't like the art - I don't like that it's tilted sideways; I don't like that the bottom half of the knight's face is covered; I see something that's MAYBE an attack getting deflected but I'm not sure, so it makes me think the evil looking guy in the back is the one casting the shield, which is confusing. Also, "reckless abandon" in the flavor text seems wrong for Holy Shield.

Templating: "Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target hero or ally until the start of your next turn." (aside: is this also supposed to make the guy untargetable? "harmed" is very ambiguous)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I run 4 copies of this card in my Zhanna deck.
    Judging from my OWN playstyle, this card is a little OP as in the resource cost, but I don't really know how other Priest players use this card.
    It does prevent ''card draw damage'' making it a must-have in my "Deck Burn" style deck.

What I did notice is that it isn't ''Dispellable'' in anyway, even if you heal yourself ( though the +4 heal does come through. ).
    Is this working as intended?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I cast this on an ally, and was subsequently hit for 1 with Wrath of Summer on a counter attack. I don't know if it matters, but I was on fire with the weapons ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To clarify, I presume you played Holy Shield on an ally and Wrath of Summer's ability was also played on this ally? If so, the issue is because certain things are resolved before others. In this case, they both resolve at the start of your turn but Holy Shield resolved and went to the graveyard first, then Wrath of Summer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There you go muddling things all up again.... But on a serious note. I didn't really check to see if WoS ability was negated by holy shield, I just assume that the effect happens after "the beginning of my turn", and can't be blocked by holy shield.

HERE'S THE BUG:
    Cast holy shield on ally, then attack my opponents hero. I damage for X then on the counter attack receive 1pt of damage.

I was just stating that I happen to be under the effects of WoS when the bug occurred.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I specifically mentioned, I wanted to clarify and my comment was a presumption. In this case, again, it was the cause of me skimming and not reading posts properly. I didn't notice the counterattack there so I thought it happened the turn after Holy Shield.

Normally, an ally shouldn't take any damage from counterattacks if Holy Shield is on. However, like you said, there may be a bug that causes an ally to take 1 damage from a counterattack while it's equipped with Holy Shield. I haven't tested this out so I don't know.