Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    I get really tired of hearing that.... Not just Shadow Era, many things in life. People say they do something for "fun" when they really are just bad at it. I'm not trying to be a huge ass, but it is just an excuse, nothing more. It's fine that they are not the best, but they need to stop kidding themselves by saying "I'm just having fun." That phrase literally makes me cringe. When I take all of someone's money in a game of poker, I don't look at them and ask, "Having fun?" You only start to get better when you realize your weaknesses. Stop sugarcoating the truth and you'll find life to be a lot more tolerable. Vince Lombardi had it right... Winning isn't everything. Winning is the only thing.
    Some of us do just play for fun. Maybe we like the game but lack the time to practice and play competitively. Maybe we don't care about proving ourselves to faceless entities on the internet. Maybe we just aren't assholes like you. Sure, I think everybody prefers winning to losing, but winning isn't the only thing for some people.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get really tired of hearing that.... Not just Shadow Era, many things in life. People say they do something for "fun" when they really are just bad at it. I'm not trying to be a huge ass, but it is just an excuse, nothing more. It's fine that they are not the best, but they need to stop kidding themselves by saying "I'm just having fun." That phrase literally makes me cringe. When I take all of someone's money in a game of poker, I don't look at them and ask, "Having fun?" You only start to get better when you realize your weaknesses. Stop sugarcoating the truth and you'll find life to be a lot more tolerable. Vince Lombardi had it right... Winning isn't everything. Winning is the only thing.
    Mods, please move this to the Machiavelli section, it was posted here by mistake.*
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Some of us do just play for fun. Maybe we like the game but lack the time to practice and play competitively. Maybe we don't care about proving ourselves to faceless entities on the internet. Maybe we just aren't assholes like you. Sure, I think everybody prefers winning to losing, but winning isn't the only thing for some people.
    +1 to that

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not trying to be a huge ass, but
    you don't have to try, you just are.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've played several games with this deck. Its definitely not the strongest lance, but it is different and pretty fun to play. I haven't played it enough to make any changes but there's room for tweaking, might do better with some more/stronger allies because it suffers against rush more than a traditional build. however, it does well vs burn because you can use vozition on lily to keep recycling your spelleaters. and of course, once you get the PotL cycle going you are in good shape.
    Last edited by Jets; 06-25-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marckitos View Post
    Okay thank you very much.
    I've switched it back in for some demos and the first match saw a Moonstalker rage quit when he saw my Lyarian Diplomat come out and return a PoTL which had Captured Prey. This deck is great to play against Moonstalkers.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I downplayed this deck a little too much, my last post. Its pretty awesome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    I've switched it back in for some demos and the first match saw a Moonstalker rage quit when he saw my Lyarian Diplomat come out and return a PoTL which had Captured Prey. This deck is great to play against Moonstalkers.
    not to be a dick but he sucked if he wasted his CP on a POTL in any game but even more so while you had VO out! Plus most descent MS decks have at least 3 NYM in them which would be the undoing of this gimmicky deck.

I think I downplayed this deck a little too much, my last post. Its pretty awesome.
    No you didn't… no it's not. But it is fun to play like an elementalis is fun to play with 20 attachments against a friend in an unranked game. This deck's theme doesn't win the game for you or control the board for you… it just uses a card that is different and a few cards that have summon abilities but it's only a good idea to take out your own board presence if it is either rendered useless or about to die so you'd be better off using retreats you should already have in any human deck and a couple of enemy attachment- nullifiers like A Hero Rises or ST's
    Last edited by Dashbdash; 07-08-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    IGN: Dashbdash2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At least its a new idea, not the same deck everyone else uses and posts. Points for originality and if it works for the poster what right is there to tear it down. Offer suggestions, test it out and offer constructive criticis, in other words be a valuable part of the online community