Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    IGN: Borlaug, but no recent matches in history. Will post back here when I switch it back in.
    Okay thank you very much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eww, 180 rating. I really should check people's ratings before I read their strategy posts :x
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    Eww, 180 rating. I really should check people's ratings before I read their stategy posts :x
    He just said he hasn't been running it. Some people play for fun....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Marckitos View Post
    He just said he hasn't been running it. Some people play for fun....
    I get really tired of hearing that.... Not just Shadow Era, many things in life. People say they do something for "fun" when they really are just bad at it. I'm not trying to be a huge ass, but it is just an excuse, nothing more. It's fine that they are not the best, but they need to stop kidding themselves by saying "I'm just having fun." That phrase literally makes me cringe. When I take all of someone's money in a game of poker, I don't look at them and ask, "Having fun?" You only start to get better when you realize your weaknesses. Stop sugarcoating the truth and you'll find life to be a lot more tolerable. Vince Lombardi had it right... Winning isn't everything. Winning is the only thing.
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eww, 180 rating. I really should check people's ratings before I read their strategy posts :x
    Obviously you've never actually played Keaven before. He's a very solid player, his love of experimental builds is the reason for his rating.

I have no doubt were he to use a purely competitive deck he'd be way up there.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Truth be told, I can tech deck very well, but lack experience in the competitive arena to be highly competitive.

My main focus is definately deck crafting and as a support member for competitive players I have introduced some very effective strategies that competitive players have tweaked to high levels. Glad to say my Berserker Boris strategy helped Barca beat the number two ranked player to take out top seed in last years World Championship.

This strategy for Lance is probably not his strongest build, but can counter some of his weaker match ups.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get really tired of hearing that.... Not just Shadow Era, many things in life. People say they do something for "fun" when they really are just bad at it. I'm not trying to be a huge ass, but it is just an excuse, nothing more. It's fine that they are not the best, but they need to stop kidding themselves by saying "I'm just having fun." That phrase literally makes me cringe. When I take all of someone's money in a game of poker, I don't look at them and ask, "Having fun?" You only start to get better when you realize your weaknesses. Stop sugarcoating the truth and you'll find life to be a lot more tolerable. Vince Lombardi had it right... Winning isn't everything. Winning is the only thing.
    I tried to make a reasonable reply to this post without sounding like as big of a jerk as you do, but I couldn't. so I'm just gonna say, it isn't your right to judge!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Normally the people that are the "best" at something are the ones having the most fun.
    AA1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRonfar View Post
    Normally the people that are the "best" at something are the ones having the most fun.
    What he said.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that having the ability to have the most fun is the skill I would call 'the best'.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian