Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AbYsMaL View Post

@Demnchi: Can we get #$& removed as well? If one is offended by it, potentially 100 is as well, and with SF around the next hundred miles it just don't look to pretty on the forums.
    In this case probably not. I think its important for those to see that its not an acceptable term to be used in such a manner. This is actually something that is said commonly in the States (unfortunately, even I have said it before, although I never realized it was offensive until someone told me. That was a long time ago though) and I feel more people should realize its actually offensive to use it like that.

EDIT: Also, please do report cases like that in the future as well. I do my best to look at every post but sometimes things do slip by (other wise this would have been taken care of long ago).

I would also like to say that these posts you guys are responding to are pretty old and Riegntheconquerer has not logged in since December 15th and Blueblurr even longer (September).
    Last edited by Demnchi; 01-31-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry about that but it just annoys me when someone makes a statement like that. I have run into it before and the belief that goes with it, too often such beliefs ruins gaming that is primarily about fun though we all define fun differently.

Quote Originally Posted by AbYsMaL View Post
    So just because lose a game I can't call a game fun? What about the game where you are both at 1 hp and you don't have a haste ally or a weapon and your opponent is on his last few cards? Even if I lose that game, that game has enough tension to where losing can still be considered fun. Just because your opponent wins a game doesn't mean that you cannot have fun.

Fun, ultimately, is relative to the person who has it. If winning makes you have fun, cool. If close games let you have your fun, great. If you are trying to tell me that I can't have fun because my way isn't fun for you, then find someone else to bother about it.

Also... why is a game that results in losing money being compared to a game that, if I lose, I lose nothing but nonsensical points? Poker =\= Shadow Era. You cannot compare them.

@Demnchi: Can we get #$& removed as well? If one is offended by it, potentially 100 is as well, and with SF around the next hundred miles it just don't look to pretty on the forums.
    100%
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRonfar View Post
    Normally the people that are the "best" at something are the ones having the most fun.
    Depends on your goal. If you're trying to be "the best" at deck construction, then reading about and tweaking new and interesting decks is more valuable than running a deck that wins all the time. If you think high ranking = best = most fun, then you are probably running eladwin weenie rush, or whatever the fotm is now. I get tired of those decks pretty quick. And you should be thankful, because if it wasn't for people like me, the whole game would be people playing the same fotm deck, and everyone would be bored. If that's what you want, you're better off playing chess.

regarding vozitian orders...if you're recycling artifacts from graveyards, doesn't black garb make sense over assassination? It also doubles as a bit of damage mitigation.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 02-22-2014 at 06:33 PM.