Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown Bugs v2.011

A few bugs I've noticed specific to Meltdown games:

1. Duplicate cards added to your deck while building it will not end up in the actual game. For example, if I added 3 Jasmine for a deck that I built for 30 cards, when the game starts, my deck will only show 27 (-1 hero & -2 jasmine duplicates). This can explain why people can play games with less than 30 cards. (Thanks to Cozy Don's thread here. Tested it out because of that and was able to replicate it).

2. You only get 400 gold when you win playing as the second player. Playing as the first player will only give you 200 gold. This has nothing to do about going first in the game, I'm referring to where your name is displayed in the Challenge interface. (I've tracked this for several games and I haven't seen it prove me wrong yet).

3. Not sure if this is specific to Meltdown, but if my opponent leaves a particular way (closes app or logs off??? not sure how) the game will appear to be stuck forever and the only thing you can do is leave the game which then gives you a Defeat screen. In actuality, you still get the MD points as the winner and in the Challenge screen you are awarded the win. However, I'm not sure if you get the gold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

3. You don't get the gold, but you get the win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    3. Not sure if this is specific to Meltdown, but if my opponent leaves a particular way (closes app or logs off??? not sure how) the game will appear to be stuck forever and the only thing you can do is leave the game which then gives you a Defeat screen.
    I have seen this same behavior. I'm using SE v2.010 on the iPhone 5. Since upgrading to v2.010, I have had three Meltdown games where my opponent stopped responding. In one of those cases, the usual timeout occurred, and I received the "Victory!" screen. But in TWO of those three cases, SE waited forever (in one case, I waited for a full 10 minutes), so I finally had to quit the game and see the "Defeat!" screen. danae and BDK16 note on this thread that, in the case of this "SE waiting forever" bug, you don't get the gold for the win, but you do get the win, and I can certainly believe that, I haven't checked. But having to quit after waiting a LONG time for the opponent is not fun (long wait doing nothing) and is a bit demoralizing. Worth fixing.

NOTE: danae wasn't sure under what circumstances the "SE waiting forever" problem occurs. Does the opponent close the app? Log off? I don't know either, but I wanted to point out that another way an opponent can leave the game is to get a network error (resulting in the "Wait 30...29" countdown), so that possibility should be considered as well when searching the code for a circumstance under which this "SE waiting forever" bug occurs.

ANOTHER NOTE: I have only seen this "SE waiting forever" bug (twice) when playing Meltdown. In "Quick Game" mode, I haven't seen it occur, so it might be specific to Meltdown. I'm not sure, though, because I've only been using v2.010 for a few days and I don't think I've seen any opponent quit the game yet in "Quick Game" mode. Bottom line: The "SE waiting forever" bug might be specific to Meltdown, or it might also happen in "Quick Game" mode, but I just haven't seen it yet in "Quick Game" mode.
    Last edited by Illusionator; 06-08-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The third bug brought up is not specific to meltdown. It happened for me in a normal game earlier today.
    Proud member of ETC!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck builder in meltdown has problem for sure, I am starting getting card I did not put in the deck in, or even not been given. And I don't know which card it is replaced and how many. But I do in 3 game in a row that getting card won't in the deck, the max happen is two in a game. Also has problem with the card missing too.

It makes me so confusing, I am quite sure I did not mistake the cards, because those card show up as unless for sure....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The bugs on this update is too damn high

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2. 40 or 400?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for highlighting Danae. I still would have lost my meltdown game to you, bugs or no bugs.

Are the devs looking into this? The duplicate card problem is the most frustrating one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusionator View Post
    Since upgrading to v2.010, I have had three Meltdown games where my opponent stopped responding. In one of those cases, the usual timeout occurred, and I received the "Victory!" screen. But in TWO of those three cases, SE waited forever (in one case, I waited for a full 10 minutes), so I finally had to quit the game and see the "Defeat!" screen.
    I just now had this same bug occur again. I am playing a regular "Quick Game" match (not a Meltdown match). My opponent apparently left the game, but I have been waiting a full 20 minutes and SE has still not timed out. I'm still waiting. I am just about to quit the game, but if you'd like to see a replay, the game is "Illusionator" vs. "Table1", and the game started at around 12:20pm Eastern Time today (10-Jun-2013).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck construction bug of multiple cards not making it in, I just noticed it today.

Yeah big bug.. really affects deck construction and play...