Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatts View Post
    I think jewelers edge makes a bit more sense if both keldor's ability and full moon didn't end up with zero attack after it's been used. I have a very similar deck, but the idea was to use the extra resources to speed up your allies attack (bloodlust, keldor, chimera, full moon) whenever you got any board advantage.

I may try it again after the next patch.
    Can anyone confirm that Keldor is bugged in this way? I've used and pumped Keldor before and don't remember seeing this myself. If Keldor is bugged like this, perhaps that's a good argument for replacing some/all Keldors with Plasmabs, but it would hurt to change the resource curve that drastically. Maybe going 4x Bad Wolf and 3x Keldor, and pumping Keldor *only* if you need him to score a critical first strike for you?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by shannong View Post
    Can anyone confirm that Keldor is bugged in this way? I've used and pumped Keldor before and don't remember seeing this myself. If Keldor is bugged like this, perhaps that's a good argument for replacing some/all Keldors with Plasmabs, but it would hurt to change the resource curve that drastically. Maybe going 4x Bad Wolf and 3x Keldor, and pumping Keldor *only* if you need him to score a critical first strike for you?
    There is some more information in theKeldor card thread. Someone mentions that the problem also affects chimera, although I haven't seen it.

It seems that the issue occurs when you are stacking attack bonuses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I must admit I don't remember seeing that issue with Keldor back in the depths of time. I'll test it next time I play.

In any case that 4 attack is a pretty critical part of getting the early upper hand with this deck. Or rather, the threat of that 4 attack, forcing them to eliminate it asap.

I've also never seen this with Chimera and I activate that all the time.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    I must admit I don't remember seeing that issue with Keldor back in the depths of time. I'll test it next time I play.

In any case that 4 attack is a pretty critical part of getting the early upper hand with this deck. Or rather, the threat of that 4 attack, forcing them to eliminate it asap.

I've also never seen this with Chimera and I activate that all the time.
    I've only ever seen it happen with full moon, i agree with you, I've used keldor and chimera a number of times and not seen the issue. I just did a few test games and was able to use it with bloodlust. I didn't try extra sharp, which another poster mentioned as causing an issue.

I guess the best answer is to test any scenario's that rely on stacking attack bonuses well before trying it against another player. I don't think there will be any keldor or chimera problems with your deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just tested the deck and yes keldor has a bug. I was activating his ability and getting some 4 damage hits and when the opponent zaladar's transfered rabid bite got attached to my keldor his attack power went to 0. On another game i was activating his ability okish for 1-2 turns when on the third or fourth i activated and instead of 4 his attack power went 2. I don't know what causes that to be honest.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I did not try this deck, on paper it seems very playable. Not top level but it has been built well, I like the mana curve and it is true that Wulven has very good spells to take care of enemy allies.
    I will pass this list to a friend that basically would not accept to play anything else but Wulven
    I also agree that Wulven heroes and card pool need improvement
    We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice.
    *** Yaemon - Undead Warchief of A1 Alliance ***
    This is my First SE Tournament Report

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    Just tested the deck and yes keldor has a bug. I was activating his ability and getting some 4 damage hits and when the opponent zaladar's transfered rabid bite got attached to my keldor his attack power went to 0. On another game i was activating his ability okish for 1-2 turns when on the third or fourth i activated and instead of 4 his attack power went 2. I don't know what causes that to be honest.
    Thanks. So I wonder if 3x Keldor - 4x Bad Wolf mitigates this a bit without messing the resource curve.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW Rain Delay and Plasma is a good combo, he can shoot lazer in the rain to regain board control.

Quote Originally Posted by Scion
    activated and instead of 4 his attack power went 2
    yeah his ATK dropped to 0 so when you use ability again it's 2 )
    Last edited by watermonster; 04-02-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think wulven is that far off, give them a better card drawing ability than wrath of the forest and fix the bugs and i'd probably play them... Giving pack wolf 1 more hp would help as well, they are too vulnerable to zaladar nukes.

Since I seem to be writing a wish list, some type of claws weapon would be nice too

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was very disappointed when they give Given another 1 ATK weapon =.=, 2ATK with 3 Durability is better for me =.=.