4 portal
    2 shriek
    2 supernova
    3 sac Lamb
    4 Ironhide karash
    3 Morbid acolyte
    3 Death collector
    2 scourge colossus

That's my deck that I use right now. It'd pretty cookie cutter. Any thoughts on how to make out better?
    IGN: BP SirShajir

Inquisitor of Truth
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubereem View Post
    Majiya

3 Death Magus Thadeus
    4 Shadow knight
    4 fireball
    3 lightning
    3 Tome of knowledge
    4 portal
    2 shriek
    2 supernova
    3 sac Lamb
    4 Ironhide karash
    3 Morbid acolyte
    3 Death collector
    2 scourge colossus

That's my deck that I use right now. It'd pretty cookie cutter. Any thoughts on how to make out better?
    5 stars

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have never really liked Supernova in Portal builds. I mean it's cool and all but it's just... why use it when you can rather just Portal bash their face?

You could argue that it's a 1 damage higher Lightning Strike for 1 more resource, which is fine but also inefficient.

Also I don't really know how I like 2 Scourge Colossus instead of 1. I mean 2 is more consistent but do you want to see two? I'm not too sure about that. Chances are I would run one and one (or even two if no Novas) Brutal Minotaur.

Otherwise it's completely fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I have never really liked Supernova in Portal builds. I mean it's cool and all but it's just... why use it when you can rather just Portal bash their face?

You could argue that it's a 1 damage higher Lightning Strike for 1 more resource, which is fine but also inefficient.

Also I don't really know how I like 2 Scourge Colossus instead of 1. I mean 2 is more consistent but do you want to see two? I'm not too sure about that. Chances are I would run one and one (or even two if no Novas) Brutal Minotaur.

Otherwise it's completely fine.
    I'm not hot on supernova as well. But it does provide reach and board clearing. 2 scourge colossus is the correct number as I use it for item destruction since the deck lacks leyline nexus.
    I was thinking of cutting supernovas and adding 1 more shreik which woyld make the deck 40 cards exactly.

Inquisitor of Truth
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not hot on supernova as well. But it does provide reach and board clearing. 2 scourge colossus is the correct number as I use it for item destruction since the deck lacks leyline nexus.
    Is it really that big of a deal?

I mean I don't remember when I last played LLN (4 months ago I think?) so I'm not exactly sure about the power level of the card but I don't think this deck necessarily needs it. Especially if you want a 3rd Shriek which makes casting the Colossi pretty tough initially (you aren't exactly drawing that many cards).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try replacing the Novas with Furrion Terror, they're amazing. I find that with Colossus I sometimes still prefer having LLN - especially against decks that pack Voice of Winter.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you get past Soul Seeker, Voice of Winter, The Kings Pride, Snow Sapphire and other items that slow this deck down in it's tracks without LLN? I've been working on a Majiya Portal build, but haven't had any luck whatsoever. Is Scourge Colossus necessary to play this build? Because I don't have any, and don't really like the idea of spending 4600 gold on one card. my version is very similar to this one, with a few minor differences. I'm using FT, which seems to be okay, but this deck is so slow that i've been overrun before even getting a portal on the table. If i don't find a portal, the game is basically a throw away. What are the main targets for shriek? I find it removing a resource being a big setback against certain builds that just run me over. I really like Majiya, and I want to have a competitive build, but so far I find my version to be pretty lacking. I think I'm something like 2-10 with it so far. pretty terrible. I find myself getting outburned by the other mages, and run down by the warriors before i can get anything going. The only differences i see in my build from yours, is I have -2 Scourge Colossus, -2 Shriek, -3 Sac Lamb, +2 LLN, +2 Furion Terror, +3 Bad Santa. I don't have any Scourge Colossus or Sacrificial Lambs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shriek is for opposing portals, and some card draw and weapons. Sac lamb is very good and combos with shadow knight.
    Scourge colossus is very good but not mandatory.

Inquisitor of Truth
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    take novas out and add bad santas and drop to 2x DC and MA and add +2 gary the gargoyle, and raph said 5star so id jus keep as iz na mean
    IGN :: phyaH
    Member of ASF
    http://asfetc.shadowera.net/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shriek is for opposing portals, and some card draw and weapons. Sac lamb is very good and combos with shadow knight.
    Scourge colossus is very good but not mandatory.
    Picked up 4 Sac Lambs (put 3 in) and 2 Scourge Colossus to throw into the build. Like previously mentioned, I noted that having the Shrieks in the deck makes it a little more difficult to get to the 6 resources to drop the Colossus. I was just curious what the main targets for shriek were for this deck, and opposing portals seem to be as good a reason as any. the things that really suck when playing against are Voice of Winter and Snow Sapphire, which Shriek cannot do anything about. Luckily, I'm not seeing them that often. A portal'd Colossus can get rid of the Snow Sapphire, but Voice of Winter is a pain in the ass.