Close

View Poll Results: Do you think that Io Void Leviathan should cost 4cc?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but reduce his stats

8 36.36%
  • Yes, and no change to stats

2 9.09%
  • No, he is fine at 5cc

12 54.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    I'd go primarily with Johnny, that's the profile most drawn to combo type cards, which is pretty much what Io Void is.
    So what you say is Io Void is meant to be a card that has potential, but most people wouldnt run, and only Johnys would use them to win in style?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by huynguyenquang View Post
    So what you say is Io Void is meant to be a card that has potential, but most people wouldnt run, and only Johnys would use them to win in style?
    Elementalis + Io + Superfocus... Really hard for some decks to deal with

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, before you get Io out, you usually have played other allies right? When I go against those decks, I pretty much expect Super Focus already so I try to somehow cripple at least 1 of them.
    For Mages, not anymore since they have Consuming Fear now. For Wulven, not a problem too.
    For Rogue, maybe if you can draw and swarm the field before dropping Io.
    For Priest, no ally is a problem.
    For Hunter, depends which one. BB usually dont have enough Perfect Shot if you can get a good draw with Elementalis. Victor he can definitely screw Io.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, before you get Io out, you usually have played other allies right? When I go against those decks, I pretty much expect Super Focus already so I try to somehow cripple at least 1 of them.
    For Mages, not anymore since they have Consuming Fear now. For Wulven, not a problem too.
    For Rogue, maybe if you can draw and swarm the field before dropping Io.
    For Priest, no ally is a problem.
    For Hunter, depends which one. BB usually dont have enough Perfect Shot if you can get a good draw with Elementalis. Victor he can definitely screw Io.
    You realize what Super Focus does, right? Super Focus makes the ally uneffected by enemy attachments. So if you do that to my T3 play, I'll just play Super Focus T4 and Proceed to smash you until you're forced to remove this massive ally attacking you. Then comes to Io.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its hard to argue like this. I have faced a few Elementalis and I realise that in general Io does not do well in Elementalis because of the lack of drawing power that Elementalis has.
    When played correctly, I find that Super Focus is not impossible to deal with. I dont even fear Io+Super Focus with a low-tier hero such as Ter Adun. But that's just my own experience, how about you?
    Maybe we'll have to wait for someone to post an Elementalis deck that has been able to run Io consistently with Super Focus.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its hard to argue like this. I have faced a few Elementalis and I realise that in general Io does not do well in Elementalis because of the lack of drawing power that Elementalis has.
    When played correctly, I find that Super Focus is not impossible to deal with. I dont even fear Io+Super Focus with a low-tier hero such as Ter Adun. But that's just my own experience, how about you?
    Maybe we'll have to wait for someone to post an Elementalis deck that has been able to run Io consistently with Super Focus.

Elementalis is one of the better heroes this format. I'm noy saying Super Focus is impossible to deal with. I've lost to quite a few Elementalis decks running io and Disciple together.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Io is underpowered as it is, I don't think anyone can argue otherwise. But once again, a dozen other cards are in the same boat so it's not too special. And he does have a little potential with a larger card pool and more SE sinks so he's not totally lost. Slight buff to stats would be nice because right now you need to trigger his ability twice in the turn he's played to make it worthwhile, no big issue otherwise. Changing him to 4CC might mess up the ally composition for shadow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Io is underpowered as it is, I don't think anyone can argue otherwise. But once again, a dozen other cards are in the same boat so it's not too special. And he does have a little potential with a larger card pool and more SE sinks so he's not totally lost. Slight buff to stats would be nice because right now you need to trigger his ability twice in the turn he's played to make it worthwhile, no big issue otherwise. Changing him to 4CC might mess up the ally composition for shadow.
    You'd have to lower his stats at 4cc. Otherwise Elementalis has a 4/8 on turn 4.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh yes I find Disciple extremely difficult to get rid of, even without Super Focus.
    That's why I also made the argument to compare Io with Disciple. I know Disciple is a more defensive while with Io you should look to the offense. However I think Disciple is a strong card for 4cc, while Io falls a bit short for a 5cc.

And yea Elementalis got much better since DP is released. Now many players are running him in QM. I meet much fewer Elad these days.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He's a tweener. too much potential for 4cc, but a bit soft for 5cc.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24