Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

favorite piece of armorfor a priest

Most people seem to recommend King’s pride.
    I was looking for something with lower casting cost.
    What is your favorite one if you use any?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kings pride is the best due to its longer life and what it gives you and protection.
    have also tried Breastplate of vitality which is ok but with a 3 durability and 1 shield gets killed far to easily with not much protection.
    Celestial Armor has been helpful but again only a 3 durability but a 3 shield is better and ability can be helpful if you can keep it on the board.
    Only problem with them both is when they get destroyed which is normally pretty quick you lose the abilities they come with so could be a wasted turn.
    Could always try plate armor only has a 2 durability and 2 shield but you can buff your allies health up for 1 SE per turn which stays on even when destroyed and only a 3 cost

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see most competitive Priest run KP only, combo nicely with durable allies and healing that has been the nature of Priest. Some dont run Armor but run attachments.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do not run any armor in my zhanna deck but KP would be the one I picked if i added any to it. Just cant decide what should come out

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    me too...right now I use attachements rather than armors. However I was thinking that Celestial Armor would combo great with Tidal wave

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Resurrecting old thread, because I've been testing out alternative armors for priests. All the scenarios are when you are trying to take board control at T7-8, after a TW or not.

Recently my Jeri has had most troubles against Zalandar and nuke mages. I like to run more low cc-aliies, so I can usually drop two allies on the same turn, but it seems too easy for the enemy to kill both of them (3-4 HP) with two spells on his own, likely pinging my hero in the process. Or in case of Zalandar he uses spell for 3 damage and then ally to finish the job. Then he can start playing cards...

To counter this I've run Breastplate of Vitality, because I can drop it (4cc) and a 2cc or 3cc ally on the same turn. If the enemy is a caster only, he need two spells to kill the ally, and next turn I get two allies on board with +2 buffed HP. Which the enemy cant nuke with spells anymore and I get board.

If enemy has aliies, he can choose to destroy the armor with 3 hits or the 5-6 HP ally. Next turn I summon 2 buffed allies or have a Jasmine ready to disable and kill.

When you have 3 or more allies on board, swap Vitality for KP and go for the kill.

I just passed 200 QM rating this week (only used a priest deck), so I would really like feedback from the veterans on if this is a working strategy or not.
    Last edited by jipa; 08-25-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    armor is too expensive for what it does in general. (same goes for most attachments and items)
    they are what i call "luxury cards". they make u win faster. but they don't create pressure or get u out of a pickle.

kings pride is awesome for allies.

breastplate of vitality is cool cause it can't be destroyed by ley line nexus.
    You're missing the point: King's Pride is awesome for allies, but not when you have no allies on the board, because 99% of the time you can't put out KP and an ally on the same turn. Or when its T4, and you have CoI + Jasmine on board trying to survive Zalandar incoming nukes. Or supernova.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There have been times where throwing out kings pride first... has won me the game. 5 durability usually takes 2-3 turns to break. If you drop monsters after you dropped KP... they have to either try and break KP on the second turn or kill allies buffed by KP.

This only really works if they used item destruction on your wizent staff first or you can gamble no item destruction.
    IGN: TJ Rated GG

currently playing:
    GG's Lance - The Diplomat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    Well at least you got that right ;D