Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post
    Those effects suck except Majiya's.
    So Logan's ability must really suck since it's +1 right now. Eladwen has one of the best abilities in the game. Her frozen duration goes down by one and she sucks now? Yeah okay.

Edit: Forgot to type the damage on Eladwen... derp!
    Last edited by Drakkon; 06-02-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Perhaps it could be simpler and more straightforward to release a small set of new heroes that are related to existing ones? These could have slightly modified stats, as the OP suggests.

E.g.:
    Ivan Skullcrusher
    Elviyra
    etc....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Perhaps it could be simpler and more straightforward to release a small set of new heroes that are related to existing ones? These could have slightly modified stats, as the OP suggests.

E.g.:
    Ivan Skullcrusher
    Elviyra
    etc....
    Funniest thing ever.
    How about Amber Sunnyday; or Gwen the Blind; or Logan Codecracker?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Problem is, a single change in hero ability affects the entire hero's card pool and indirectly affects every other heroes too. A change in a single card is much more localised and targeted. You are going to have way more new balance issues popping up with such changes. Add on the confusion with different versions of the same hero. I just feel that it is an inferior way to balance the heroes vs just designing expansions to buff the weaker heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    I just feel that it is an inferior way to balance the heroes vs just designing expansions to buff the weaker heroes.
    How do you buff the weaker heroes without buffing the strong ones
    I doubt they'll just add Logan only cards to make him as competitive as the others for example

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Eladwen - 4SE: Target ally is dealt 4 ice damage and frozen for one turn.

Logan - 4SE: Until the end of turn, your weapons gain +2 attack, and if Logan deals combat damage to an ally, that ally is killed.

Badaruu - 4SE: Target weapon in your hand with a cost equal to or less than your total resources is summoned at no cost and gains +1 base attack.

Majiya - 4SE: Deal 3 fire damage to opposing ally. If that ally is killed draw one card.

Moonstalker - 3SE: All friendly allies gain stealth until the start of your next turn.

These are just examples of some of the things that can be done. But I can see I'm pretty much the only one that thinks this could be really helpful. So I'll leave it at that.
    I like each one , especially the Badaruu one

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Simple View Post
    I doubt they'll just add Logan only cards to make him as competitive as the others for example
    A Fan of Blade-like weapon for one would easily buff him up. There are tons of ways to design cards to help a particular single hero and Wulven has shown that they are willing to do it. Sun Blighted-one and Lingering Essence for instance. I know they are poor examples because they are weak but the concept is there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Simple View Post
    Who do you want to boost?

Logan - make Warrior cards that give a benefit when killed by something other than combat damage. Ter gets a bit of a boost because shadow has allies that deal ability damage, Boris gets a bit of a boost because his ability also isn't combat damage, but Logan gets both. Or cards that give weapons a buff when used to kill allies; Amber wouldn't get any benefit, because her ability specifically states that you can't buff the weapon after using the ability.

Ter - items that give benefits to the destroyer when they are destroyed.

Nishaven - more ways to change the damage done by his ability, like Voltar's Ring.

Jericho - more attachments that give a bonus when they are destroyed, like Treasured Heirloom.

Who else do you want to boost?
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I didn't ask if they wanted to or were doing it. I was asking if it was possible. Go up your post count somewhere else.
    I'll take this opportunity to up my post count. You asked, he responded with how he felt. No need to be so hostile towards him. And my opinion is that tweaking the current abilities and having separate but the same heroes would not be great. I agree with pyrogene (I think that's who said it) that balancing the cards would be better. Fan of Blades on Logan would be nuts! Ha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    A Fan of Blade-like weapon for one would easily buff him up.
    Totally forgot about that , smh @ myself
    Stuff like that would better imo , but I just think we are on a slipperily slope , I assume that's why we just had the card design contest to help with ideas

Cause imo it's the same heroes on top b/c the cards added in DP didn't boost up weaker heroes enough, like idk bout y'all but when I watch a match and see a Victor or Ter Adun vs any other hero I think they've auto-lost and they do majority of the time compared to watching a Eld & Maji match