Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Basically what Drakkon is thinking (from my perspective) is that we could use Alternate Art heroes as a chance to solve any balancing problems that heroes may posses. A tricky way of doing an erata (or whatever it was called).
    You've got the idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Say you change alternate Jericho to 3 SE vs 4 SE... How lame would that be? 2 cards named Jericho but one is superior... No would play with the original. The point of releasing alternate art was to be able to draft using only DP boosters.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    Say you change alternate Jericho to 3 SE vs 4 SE... How lame would that be? 2 cards named Jericho but one is superior... No would play with the original. The point of releasing alternate art was to be able to draft using only DP boosters.
    I'm well aware what the point of the alternate art heroes was. I'm just saying, we could use this opportunity to do some rebalancing. Obviously there would be two sets of heroes with slightly different abilities. But Wulven can choose to allow say just the new heroes for their qualifiers or world events.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yar, it makes no sense to just change the alt art hero for balance. If they really feel that a certain hero is way too OP or UP that the only way to balance is to change the ability, might as well change the original as well (and issue errata for the physical cards or something). Because essentially you are saying the game is unplayable with the current heroes. Otherwise, as mentioned, just balance via future sets with selective card design. And how do you balance future sets if you have different versions of heroes?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Yar, it makes no sense to just change the alt art hero for balance. If they really feel that a certain hero is way too OP or UP that the only way to balance is to change the ability, might as well change the original as well (and issue errata for the physical cards or something). Because essentially you are saying the game is unplayable with the current heroes. Otherwise, as mentioned, just balance via future sets with selective card design. And how do you balance future sets if you have different versions of heroes?
    If only one set can be used in competitive play you don't need to even look at the others in terms of balance. They can be used in Single Player or Custom Games. I'm not saying the game is unplayable. I'm saying it could be better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    If only one set can be used in competitive play you don't need to even look at the others in terms of balance. They can be used in Single Player or Custom Games. I'm not saying the game is unplayable. I'm saying it could be better.
    In that case, since you don't need huge changes in power level, even just rebalancing the current DP cards is sufficient. E.g. For Victor, change Snare Trap to not remove itself from game, for Gwen, remove Wendith's damage cap again. But by the looks of it, Wulven isn't even that keen to tweak them. So alternate hero ability (which imo is a larger change than just tweaking the card pool) seems even less likely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    In that case, since you don't need huge changes in power level, even just rebalancing the current DP cards is sufficient. E.g. For Victor, change Snare Trap to not remove itself from game, for Gwen, remove Wendith's damage cap again. But by the looks of it, Wulven isn't even that keen to tweak them. So alternate hero ability (which imo is a larger change than just tweaking the card pool) seems even less likely.
    What he said.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's not going to happen, but the idea does have some merit and the discussion is interesting so keep it up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eladwen - 4SE: Target ally is dealt 4 ice damage and frozen for one turn.

Logan - 4SE: Until the end of turn, your weapons gain +2 attack, and if Logan deals combat damage to an ally, that ally is killed.

Badaruu - 4SE: Target weapon in your hand with a cost equal to or less than your total resources is summoned at no cost and gains +1 base attack.

Majiya - 4SE: Deal 3 fire damage to opposing ally. If that ally is killed draw one card.

Moonstalker - 3SE: All friendly allies gain stealth until the start of your next turn.

These are just examples of some of the things that can be done. But I can see I'm pretty much the only one that thinks this could be really helpful. So I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Drakkon; 06-02-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Those effects suck except Majiya's.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.