Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't ever encountered performance issues myself so big decks doesn't bother me. In fact when i see people have 100 plus cards in their deck i assume it's an easy win. They have a lot of variety but often can't draw the cards they need to win the game and they're generally dead before i run out of cards. If they HAVE to limit it, i'd suggest doing so at 100 cards. 60 seems a bit too limiting for some players. Like most other card games players should have the right to use as many cards as they wish

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If the performance was fixed then Im all no limits, but the lag is unbearable, there are times where Im winning and that game may be over within the next 2 turns but I left just so I can play a game where the lag isn't ridiculously bad.

On the attachment thing It was just an observation, was wondering if anyone else had the same issues and after hearing the most recent pod cast I know know that would be fixed so kodos to that

If the performance of the game didn't deteariate when you run decks 100+ then I think there should only be a minimum deck size, none of us want to be restricted in building our decks but until the performance is better I think a maximum is fair.
    Tournament & League Wins Achivements
    Semi-Finalist AA1 Duel Tournament.

Current Quick Match Rating= 261.(39 away from 300)

8 Time Tier 2 Meltdown Finishes.

"I have become death, Destroyer of Worlds"
    -Robert Oppenhiemer.

PROUD FOUNDER OF KINGS 4 HIRE

KINGS 4 HIRE- "Hire a warrior; gain a sword. Hire a king; gain an army."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    There is lag because fat deck users often put their cards into the deck without knowing them, and they spend 30 seconds every turn just to read the card they just drew
    And I can't see a 100+ card deck viable in physical play, I was always used to stick with the minimum size with physical cards; that's a bad habit of digital game because you don't have to manually shuffle your deck and card are far cheaper than their real counterpart.
    So all in all I would see a maximum deck size as a good thing. Not necessarily a serious feature and not one to be implemented soon for sure; but it would give digital SE a more realistic look, if the minimum size is 40 the maximum one could easily be around 80.
    being a person "famous" for a 100 card deck, we can play anytime if you dont think its competitive

and i have never encountered lag because of deck size and i know my turns go quick. its most likely the player. stalling turns is unfortunately a tactic some people use because it frustrates the other player which can lead to them making mistakes.

i also do not think Kyle will institute a deck size limit because he only plays a rolling pin deck
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    being a person "famous" for a 100 card deck, we can play anytime if you dont think its competitive

and i have never encountered lag because of deck size and i know my turns go quick. its most likely the player. stalling turns is unfortunately a tactic some people use because it frustrates the other player which can lead to them making mistakes.

i also do not think Kyle will institute a deck size limit because he only plays a rolling pin deck
    You should famously send me a deck list of your most resent rolling pin deck I do so miss your Logan deck!
    <------EZZE Tearz, Tearz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3rX83 View Post
    Hello again this is just another rant of mine, but over the last few days I've been matched up against players who insist on using 100 plus card decks and when you play on the phone like me it's almost impossible to play. You can forget trying to use cards like sever ties cause for some reason it's really hard trying to target what your trying to destroy and since DP has been released I've notice that trying to target attachments is also near impossible and a few times I've ran out of time trying to do so and once it cost me a win. To any other players who find it hard trying to target attachments, I've found if you press the top right corner of the hero/attachment you can target it slightly easier but it's still way to hard. I think they should have it where you can either swipe the hero to bring up the attachment or allow you to double click the hero and bring up the attachment that way, just a suggestion
    Anyways back to my 100+ deck size rant. I know players (especially new) want to use every card they have cause they think it may help them achieve victory, but in my opinion these decks should be treated as "Mill/mill stalker and if you insist on using such a big deck please just use it for the physical game and or single player mode. I think it takes the enjoyment out of Shadow era and I would guess the average of a single game(online pvp) is around 10-15 minutes maybe even less. But it takes 10-15 minutes just to get to turn 5 let alone the end of said game. Also I don't like the excuse that they don't want to be "MILLED" and that's why they use such big decks, I heard that a lot when I ask players why such a big deck, but you can tech your deck to try to counter Mill decks without the need of using 100 cards and I'd go as far of saying you could do it with 40 cards.

I propose that Wulven considers putting a maximum limit a deck can be, I figure 60 cards should be fair. At least at 60 cards the game isn't a lag fest and it still gives players 20 extra cards to avoid being mill (also since DP release, I think it's fair to say that Mill has dropped in terms of people using that strategy) I remember back when there was a heated debate to change the minimum deck size from 30 to 40 and over time I think players have realized what a blessing that's been and how the game hasn't lost its fun with that change. I think that I see more 100+ card decks cause my ratings has hovered around 235-250 pending on how much I play day to day. Sure If I could play as much as Id like I would have a higher rating and in turn would see less decks of this type, but Im pleading with Wulven and the rest of the community to make the call for a maximum deck size. So this is my case, and please don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm trying to single players out and their skill level by using 100+ card decks but if you can't build a deck of 40-60 cards and find enjoyment in doing so, then maybe Shadow Era isn't the game for you but I think we can all agree that a game that is lag free is the best game
    I guess the bottom line would be the lag. The way I see it there shouldn't be any issues regarding deck size. Or, if any, it would be that of skill. Players who have decks with 60+ cards actually face the dilemma of card draws. And for the most part, these decks rely on stalling an opponent, rather than beating down an opponent, versus that of a 40 card deck, it draws would be much quicker and key cards would be more accessible, hence better conditions are available. So i believe having a bigger deck would be more of a detriment, rather than an advantage. The best thing I guess to do would be to inform wulven about the lags so the can make playing the game better for everyone. Just my opinion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    here you go Hunter (and anyone else interested)
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....hunder-and-WTF

lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get a clear fps drop that is annoying when playing against decks of about 100 cards on my ipad3. Not sure that a fix in deck size is the correct solution though. Some kind of trigger to lower the graphical quality when playing or playing against a large deck would be preferable imo if it could be implemented as an option.