Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Can We Have a maximum deck limit?

Hello again this is just another rant of mine, but over the last few days I've been matched up against players who insist on using 100 plus card decks and when you play on the phone like me it's almost impossible to play. You can forget trying to use cards like sever ties cause for some reason it's really hard trying to target what your trying to destroy and since DP has been released I've notice that trying to target attachments is also near impossible and a few times I've ran out of time trying to do so and once it cost me a win. To any other players who find it hard trying to target attachments, I've found if you press the top right corner of the hero/attachment you can target it slightly easier but it's still way to hard. I think they should have it where you can either swipe the hero to bring up the attachment or allow you to double click the hero and bring up the attachment that way, just a suggestion
    Anyways back to my 100+ deck size rant. I know players (especially new) want to use every card they have cause they think it may help them achieve victory, but in my opinion these decks should be treated as "Mill/mill stalker and if you insist on using such a big deck please just use it for the physical game and or single player mode. I think it takes the enjoyment out of Shadow era and I would guess the average of a single game(online pvp) is around 10-15 minutes maybe even less. But it takes 10-15 minutes just to get to turn 5 let alone the end of said game. Also I don't like the excuse that they don't want to be "MILLED" and that's why they use such big decks, I heard that a lot when I ask players why such a big deck, but you can tech your deck to try to counter Mill decks without the need of using 100 cards and I'd go as far of saying you could do it with 40 cards.

I propose that Wulven considers putting a maximum limit a deck can be, I figure 60 cards should be fair. At least at 60 cards the game isn't a lag fest and it still gives players 20 extra cards to avoid being mill (also since DP release, I think it's fair to say that Mill has dropped in terms of people using that strategy) I remember back when there was a heated debate to change the minimum deck size from 30 to 40 and over time I think players have realized what a blessing that's been and how the game hasn't lost its fun with that change. I think that I see more 100+ card decks cause my ratings has hovered around 235-250 pending on how much I play day to day. Sure If I could play as much as Id like I would have a higher rating and in turn would see less decks of this type, but Im pleading with Wulven and the rest of the community to make the call for a maximum deck size. So this is my case, and please don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm trying to single players out and their skill level by using 100+ card decks but if you can't build a deck of 40-60 cards and find enjoyment in doing so, then maybe Shadow Era isn't the game for you but I think we can all agree that a game that is lag free is the best game
    Tournament & League Wins Achivements
    Semi-Finalist AA1 Duel Tournament.

Current Quick Match Rating= 261.(39 away from 300)

8 Time Tier 2 Meltdown Finishes.

"I have become death, Destroyer of Worlds"
    -Robert Oppenhiemer.

PROUD FOUNDER OF KINGS 4 HIRE

KINGS 4 HIRE- "Hire a warrior; gain a sword. Hire a king; gain an army."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On attachments: That's being fixed in 2.01 with the attachments being displayed to the side for targeting.

On Deck Size: I personally think that performance problems should be the only reason to enable a maximum deck limit. I don't really see any other problems besides that tbh with you. I'm not sure how having such a large deck slows down the game (playing decision wise, not performance problems). My opinion at any rate. What do the rest of you guys think?
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ignoring attachment rant.

Deck size rant: if there is program lag for more than the additional second or two to stack their deck, then a limit may have to be instated. But, as someone who has played both minimum and maximum sized decks for fun, I think I can say that, if anything, a good player with a large deck will be making decisions faster. Either you can be more willing to sacrifice that card because there are lots of other cards with the same purpose, or you need to hold on to it because you aren't going to get something similar any time soon. And if you get sufficient draw set up, you can go to higher resources without a problem, allowing you to play multiple cards in a turn. If someone with a large deck is playing slow, then it's probably a noob, in which case they would be playing slow anyways.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is lag because fat deck users often put their cards into the deck without knowing them, and they spend 30 seconds every turn just to read the card they just drew
    And I can't see a 100+ card deck viable in physical play, I was always used to stick with the minimum size with physical cards; that's a bad habit of digital game because you don't have to manually shuffle your deck and card are far cheaper than their real counterpart.
    So all in all I would see a maximum deck size as a good thing. Not necessarily a serious feature and not one to be implemented soon for sure; but it would give digital SE a more realistic look, if the minimum size is 40 the maximum one could easily be around 80.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with Demnchi that a large deck size doesnt neccessary means a stalled game. I've seen Zaladar stalling the game with 45 cards until I have no more cards to play.
    About attachment rant, I actually ignored it after reading the first few words
    And also, 60 is so restricted, people should feel free to put a lot of cards in their deck if they wish.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    instead of deck size limit there might be a way to make the program run better on ios?
    I had originally posted this thread a little while ago http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ck-be-80-cards it was inteded for the lag that happens and the crash that finally did happen.

But I could care less if my opponents has 40 or 200 cards as long as the games is smooth!! So I am in total agreement with Cycle on what he says above. But if that is something that is going to take a long time to fix then just put a cap (guessing that would be an easier fix?).

As this is played on a lot of mobile devices and if 100+ decks are bogging it down, something should be done.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wulven would have to improve game performance eventually. It's just that they have so muc on their plate right now, that a temporary fix would be a good choice. And most players wouldnt object anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3rX83 View Post
    Hello again this is just another rant of mine, but over the last few days I've been matched up against players who insist on using 100 plus card decks and when you play on the phone like me it's almost impossible to play. You can forget trying to use cards like sever ties cause for some reason it's really hard trying to target what your trying to destroy and since DP has been released I've notice that trying to target attachments is also near impossible and a few times I've ran out of time trying to do so and once it cost me a win. To any other players who find it hard trying to target attachments, I've found if you press the top right corner of the hero/attachment you can target it slightly easier but it's still way to hard. I think they should have it where you can either swipe the hero to bring up the attachment or allow you to double click the hero and bring up the attachment that way, just a suggestion
    Anyways back to my 100+ deck size rant. I know players (especially new) want to use every card they have cause they think it may help them achieve victory, but in my opinion these decks should be treated as "Mill/mill stalker and if you insist on using such a big deck please just use it for the physical game and or single player mode. I think it takes the enjoyment out of Shadow era and I would guess the average of a single game(online pvp) is around 10-15 minutes maybe even less. But it takes 10-15 minutes just to get to turn 5 let alone the end of said game. Also I don't like the excuse that they don't want to be "MILLED" and that's why they use such big decks, I heard that a lot when I ask players why such a big deck, but you can tech your deck to try to counter Mill decks without the need of using 100 cards and I'd go as far of saying you could do it with 40 cards.

I propose that Wulven considers putting a maximum limit a deck can be, I figure 60 cards should be fair. At least at 60 cards the game isn't a lag fest and it still gives players 20 extra cards to avoid being mill (also since DP release, I think it's fair to say that Mill has dropped in terms of people using that strategy) I remember back when there was a heated debate to change the minimum deck size from 30 to 40 and over time I think players have realized what a blessing that's been and how the game hasn't lost its fun with that change. I think that I see more 100+ card decks cause my ratings has hovered around 235-250 pending on how much I play day to day. Sure If I could play as much as Id like I would have a higher rating and in turn would see less decks of this type, but Im pleading with Wulven and the rest of the community to make the call for a maximum deck size. So this is my case, and please don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm trying to single players out and their skill level by using 100+ card decks but if you can't build a deck of 40-60 cards and find enjoyment in doing so, then maybe Shadow Era isn't the game for you but I think we can all agree that a game that is lag free is the best game
    Use a larger condom if you have problems with the deck size.
    Seriously though, in qm I think there should be a deck limit of 100. The lag is too much, and these are 200 ranked players, they're not seein the cards for the first time like someone said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    Nothing escapes The Eye of Sauron... I mean the Eye of Demnchi.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fix the performance problem rather than putting a max deck limit. Only put the max deck limit if it can't truly be fixed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes. Agree with the above post by danae. It really lags as hell.
    IGN: BP Darkenheart

The Vengeful Ghost of Dark Helm's Past
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn