Close

Thread: Happy hour

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Happy hour

Shameless copied from a poker room... the basic idea is having a certain hour during the day where players receive 2-3x gold, XP and/or meltdown points. There must be many happy hour rotating during the day and the week in order to cover various timezones.
    The downside of course is giving away too many gold from Wulven. But the positive thing is that it brings addictiveness, a lot of players would connect at least an hour per day just because they get double gold or double meltdown points. So that there could be more traffic in the game, thus reducing waiting time between matches, especially in meltdown mode.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SE players are spread all over different time zones. Maybe a better way would be
    1. Daily rewards
    2. If you play more than, say 10 games in one day, on the 11th game onward, you receive more gold and XP.

That should stir addictiveness and traffic. The problem is, the current server cant even support this level of traffic, why would Wulven wants to increase traffic?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by huynguyenquang View Post
    SE players are spread all over different time zones. Maybe a better way would be
    1. Daily rewards
    2. If you play more than, say 10 games in one day, on the 11th game onward, you receive more gold and XP.

That should stir addictiveness and traffic. The problem is, the current server cant even support this level of traffic, why would Wulven wants to increase traffic?
    Daily rewards are already coming. Also, in the original post he said already that the happy hour would need to change a lot to cover most time zones.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Daily rewards are already coming. Also, in the original post he said already that the happy hour would need to change a lot to cover most time zones.
    Then it would beome a promotion week, or promotion day for different time zones, is it?
    Because this week, happy hour is, say night time at GMT+X, so players around that time zone would benefit and others wouldnt. Next week, it rotates to another time, so players from another zone benefit.
    I think policy should be relatively fixed, because keeping up with the change, to know which time it is for this week and make plans to benefit from that is just a drag.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I forgot about Wulven servers having trouble with high traffic, so this idea is probably unrealizable.
    But the basic idea is not that difficult... for example we would have double gold at 1:00-1:59 AM and double meltdown at 4:00-4:59 PM. On Tuesday double XP at 6AM and triple gold at 7PM. And so on, following a stupid weekly schedule that could be posted on shadowera.com or advertised somehow in game.