Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

gravebone control - need advice/opinions/suggestions

hello all, i've been wanting to build a competitive gravebone deck that includes snow sapphire and voice of winter (more of a mid-range control deck by nature). i came up with a few mix-ups and here is what i have so far:

1 gravebone
    4 consuming fear
    2 scourge colossus (lln/shriek on steroids)
    2 kairos
    3 furion
    4 pb
    4 voice of winter
    4 snow sapphire
    2 lln
    3 big bang (supernova)
    3 tome
    4 lightning strike
    4 fireball

a total of 40 cards including gravebone. this is the latest build i have, prior to the earlier builds that included gargoyle, dmt and morbid acolyte. at one point i even tried including the twisted familiar to see what synergies it would have and realized it worked best with sacrificial lamb-however would take up deck space and possibly end up as dead draws late in the game. instead of these 3cc allies, i chose to fill in the 2cc slots with 4 copies of consuming fear. i found this card to be VERY effective. gravebone's weakness seems to be that of the early game that rush decks capitalize on. consuming fear completely negates this and also keeps larger allies in check. and more than often than not, consuming fear will not be a dead draw because most decks use allies to win.

also, thanks to preybird for the furion-voice of winter combo-play furion, burn opposing allies/clear the board, bring it back from the dead through gravebone's ability. sweet!

any suggestions/opinions to make this deck better? thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you should add 1 more tome and add 3 or 2 sacrificial lambs, it is great to draw cards with gravebone and will help you kill disabled allies then revive them with gb ability, i would remove 2 snow sapphire and 1 voice of winter or the other way around and add 1 tome and 2 sacrificial lambs, or remove 1 LS, 1 VOW and 1, SS and add 1 tome and 2 sacrificial.... Personally ill try and add more low cc allies for early advantage and ill take dagger of unmake over VOW and remove SS