Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ice storm vs smite

OK some of you might not use neither of them, but if you had a 4 card slot what would it be?
    4 ice storms, 4 smites or 2 + 2?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ice Storm. Smite is an inferior Fireball. And with the proliferation on 5 hp allies, Smite no longer combos with Wizent to kill most 3CC allies. Ice Storm clears Karash and Furrion Terror too. But I probably wouldn't use 4X Ice Storm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Smite has more utility, but a properly timed Ice Storm is much better. Depending on the rest of the deck, I would probably go 2 and 2 and see if it needed adjusting after several games.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ice Storm is probably the better choice, if I had to say one is definitively better than the other, simply because of the meta. As was stated above, Ice Storm kills Ironhide Karash and Furion Terror, not to mention other problem allies, such as Nightshade and Wulven Savage.

Against Haste/rush decks, it also kills Kristoffer Wyld (maybe even two of them, if they came on back to back opening turns). It softens up pretty much every (3-4) ally, making a killing strike possible from even smaller allies such as Puwen, Champion of Irum, or an Aldon-boosted Krist of your own.

Smite is good in a few key situations, but I'd say 4/5 of the time, Ice Storm is better.

However, you don't need to run 4x of them. 3x at the most, IMO.

2-3x Ice Storm
    3x-4 Tidal Wave
    2-4x Retreat!
    2x Banish

That's a pretty sufficient spread of ally control for a Priest.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Ice Storm. Smite is an inferior Fireball. And with the proliferation on 5 hp allies, Smite no longer combos with Wizent to kill most 3CC allies. Ice Storm clears Karash and Furrion Terror too. But I probably wouldn't use 4X Ice Storm.
    one comment on the inferior bit.
    While it does less damage smite does not get hampered by fire resistant abilities (Paladin, Sacred Firewalker).
    It seems thought that the general consesous is that Ice storm is preferable