Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

best Priest weapon

If I only had to pick one weapon card...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Iclipse staff for sure
    A1 Ancient | Ign: A1 FIGGA

http://www.a1-alliance.org/forums/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wooden Staff your opponents will be so shocked they will probably miss their next few turns.

But yeah as mentioned above Wizents is just awesome. With Elithibeth it is less needed now so decks built around the other weapon options are probably more viable then they used to be.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The best weapon in the offensive sense is most definitely madelain scepter. The problem being that you probably want to use the weapon spot for witzen staff as draw.
    If you find another efficient draw than witzen staff, you'll be able to do great stuff with madelein scepter
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    The best weapon in the offensive sense is most definitely madelain scepter. The problem being that you probably want to use the weapon spot for witzen staff as draw.
    If you find another efficient draw than witzen staff, you'll be able to do great stuff with madelein scepter
    Scepter is absolutely horrible. Say on your turn you attack and activate the effect once. Then you retaliate twice on your opponent's turn. Now during your next turn, you attack and ... ... poof your weapon disappears so you can't even use the effect. Hell, even Mourneblade is probably a better offensive weapon.

And I don't think Elizabeth replaces Wizent. Elizabeth competes more with TO since the 2 doesn't work great together. Most people run Wizent+Eliza or Wizent+TO.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Scepter is absolutely horrible. Say on your turn you attack and activate the effect once. Then you retaliate twice on your opponent's turn. Now during your next turn, you attack and ... ... poof your weapon disappears so you can't even use the effect. Hell, even Mourneblade is probably a better offensive weapon.
    you will in this case get 10 dmg out of the weapon. Is it that bad? Besides, this is the worst case scenario where you use only once the ability. I doubt mournblade will get a better damage output, not to mention you can kill some nightshade or night owl or wulven savage.
    Another good point is that you can kill a 4HP ally with one swing. I don't know a single other weapon that have this ability.

In the situation you describe you would need to be highly underwhelm by allies to take 2 retaliation hit and I don't think any weapon would help you turn aroud the game by itself in this case. (Also, it's rare to be underwhelm by allies when you are a priest considering the TW threat)

And I don't think Elizabeth replaces Wizent. Elizabeth competes more with TO since the 2 doesn't work great together. Most people run Wizent+Eliza or Wizent+TO.
    I didn't mention elizabeth, simply talking about hypothetical situation where you would have an efficient draw without WS. Maybe it exists, and maybe not, but that's another topic.
    Last edited by busti; 05-28-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I have to agree with this. To me the tipping point really is that you are forced to deal the additional damage to allies = as an aggressive tool it's 2 damage a turn for 2-3 turns for 6, which is horrible. Also at that point the damage, even to allies, isn't going to be that huge (it's 4 in a world of more 5 health guys).

I'll probably start using it once I can damage the hero with it. As of now though, it's not good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was considering Madelein's but I don't have a drawing machine so Winzet's it is.
    Not to mention that Madelein's is too expensive to buy (800 gold)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    you will in this case get 10 dmg out of the weapon. Is it that bad? Besides, this is the worst case scenario where you use only once the ability. I doubt mournblade will get a better damage output, not to mention you can kill some nightshade or night owl or wulven savage.

I didn't mention elizabeth, simply talking about hypothetical situation where you would have an efficient draw without WS. Maybe it exists, and maybe not, but that's another topic.
    Considering that that isn't the worst case scenario (since it could just outright get destroyed), and that it is 6 cost. I mean the 5 cost weapons that are commonly used are already 2/4 base stats. The kicker is also that none of the priests have a weapon based ability too. I just feel like it has such an underwhelming effect for a 6CC epic.

I do suppose the anti-stealth and non-combat damage is pretty handy for priests though.

The Eliza comment was more for qaz92zaq actually.