Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it just me or is devourer really underpowered... doesn't it just basically give 1 ally +1/+1 for 5cc?
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Is it just me or is devourer really underpowered... doesn't it just basically give 1 ally +1/+1 for 5cc?
    Devourer is an ally with 1/1 stats. If there is a gargoyle on board when you summon devourer, you can sacrifice garg to give devourer +2/3 stats making him a 3/5.

That's my understanding of that card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so for 5cc you have an ally with very slightly higher stats than the one you already had?
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    so for 5cc you have an ally with very slightly higher stats than the one you already had?
    Depends on which ally you sacrifice. Imagine a captured prey SK. You summon this dude and get 6/5 stats with haste!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not bad, man. Not bad! I like it when someone makes up his mind about a new class in such a detailed way. Keep it up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    Depends on which ally you sacrifice. Imagine a captured prey SK. You summon this dude and get 6/5 stats with haste!
    Yes he is a nuke. Lets say you have a 5/4 on the field. You attack with it first, then you use Devourer to devour him, then you attack again with Devourer, dealing another 6 damage.

Guys, that's 11 damage in 1 turn. His use is very situational, that is only when you have something on the board. Otherwise, pretty useless.

He synergizes with Vivian's ability too. She puts an ally back on board attacking, then you Devour it, creating a beast with haste. What's to complain

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The bonus of devourer are given by the actual state of the card or the original? Let's say you use devourer in a crippled SK? or a 1 life SK?

Nice set of cards btw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At the moment I worded the card so that its bonus is based on actual stats, so I guess only works when you ally is disabled with CP or CF. For other crippling effects, you can always sacrifice the crippled ally, then bring back with Vivian's ability, then Devour it if you wish.

The purpose when I designed Devourer is not so that it can be a powerhouse, but instead a one-time burn/finisher that synergizes with Vivian and Payne (due to the high cost+the haste should be enough to finish off your opponent or opposing ally).