Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Is it based on your QM rating or Meltdown rating? I would think that it's MD rating but then that makes me wonder how matchups are done. Is there a range on the people you can get matched up with similar to QM? It seems to me that with MD now as compared to before, it takes longer to get a match started. Maybe not many people playing but the jackpot is rising steadily so I can't imagine that the numbers are that low.
    Search the game history of me or anyone else whose been playing a lot of meltdown. When they are listed first, their normal quick match rating will be shown. When they are listed second, the rating will always be zero. I think match ups are still done completely at random, just pair you up with the next available player, and I think there are fewer people playing as compared to the past several weeks.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Search the game history of me or anyone else whose been playing a lot of meltdown. When they are listed first, their normal quick match rating will be shown. When they are listed second, the rating will always be zero. I think match ups are still done completely at random, just pair you up with the next available player, and I think there are fewer people playing as compared to the past several weeks.
    I was referring to your comment about getting 80 GP or 40 GP based on your opponent's QM rating. I'm aware of that 0 rating appearing just not the basis of whether you get 80 or 40 gold for the win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just won two Meltdown games, one as Player 1 and the other as Player 2. In my game as Player 2, I got 80 gold, and my opponent had a rating of 267. In my game as Player 1, I got 40 gold, with them listed as 0 rating. A search for their name found that they have a quick match rating of 203, which should be above the cutoff.

Edit: another win as Player 2, 80 gold.
    Last edited by Warr Byrd; 05-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nd-Gold-payout

This explains a lot about how the payout seems to work.

Tier cutoffs listed in the post are not quite accurate tier 3 cut off seems to be top 250 tier 4 seems to be top 500
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 05-30-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just won two Meltdown games, one as Player 1 and the other as Player 2. In my game as Player 2, I got 80 gold, and my opponent had a rating of 267. In my game as Player 1, I got 40 gold, with them listed as 0 rating. A search for their name found that they have a quick match rating of 203, which should be above the cutoff.

Edit: another win as Player 2, 80 gold.
    I just won as player two and got 80 gold. My opponent's QM ranking was 132. Maybe you get 80 gold whenever you're player 2 and you win?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That wouldn't make sense..?

Anyway, it was suggested by Kyle that they were going to introduce win streak points into meltdown, and that would be imo a very good way to go. That would mean that the better player would get more gold instead of the player who just has more time. If I play meltdown, I usually have around 80% winrate, but I don't have time to play a lot of games, so I usually just end up somewhere in low top 200. Kinda sucks :-/
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nd-Gold-payout

Tier cutoffs listed in the post are not quite accurate tier 3 cut off seems to be top 250 tier 4 seems to be top 500
    That's because the exact tier break off depends on how many people play that week. Rank 200 out of 1000 is a better than Rank 150 out of 400. The thread you linked was from the first week Meltdown existed, and some people were nervous to play without knowing the chances of getting a payout. On the other hand, now there are lots of people playing, partly because there are simply more players and partly because there's more gold in the jackpot and the possibility of foils.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's because the exact tier break off depends on how many people play that week. Rank 200 out of 1000 is a better than Rank 150 out of 400. The thread you linked was from the first week Meltdown existed, and some people were nervous to play without knowing the chances of getting a payout. On the other hand, now there are lots of people playing, partly because there are simply more players and partly because there's more gold in the jackpot and the possibility of foils.
    I based my cut offs on the information in the thread I think those were guesses before all the data came in and they were just never updated. If the cut offs change based on the number of players mine are wrong as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just checked my records. The meltdown tournament ending April 26, I was Rank 186 and Tier 4. The week before that, I was 246 and Tier 5. Meanwhile, last week I was Rank 127 and Tier 2. Pretty sure they change depending on the number of participants, so we aren't likely to figure out the cutoffs unless Wulven releases them or participation drops back down to pre-foil prize levels and we get people at all levels reporting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    That wouldn't make sense..?

Well, assuming the gold payout is based on the difference of QM rating, as a second player, you're always listed as zero. I played a few more games and again as second player I got 80gp against a 137 QM rated player. The game after that I won again but this time as the first player and I only got 40gp against a 203 QM rated player (searched their name after game to find rating). Or maybe the gold winning in MD is completely random?