Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A weapon for Logan

There's another thread about Logan and how the current cards apparently don't help him enough. That made me think about the following suggestion:

Piercing club
    Hero weapon
    3cc
    0/4
    Combat damage by piercing club can't be prevented by ally or armor abilities.

This gives Logan a means to kill allies without having to worry too much about durability; the zero attack works in your favour, because the durability does not get reduced on your opponents turn since Logan will not retaliate. It is cheap enough to combo easily with killing spree in a single turn. Or cast it whenever, and wait for your killing sprees before using your ability. The 3cc is perhaps a bit unfortunate, but then again this probably wouldn't get cast on turn 3 anyway, since it is better saved until later in the game when you have sufficient shadow energy to use it a few times.

The 'piercing' ability helps get rid of sand worms, karash, gargoyles and the like. Pack some shadow fonts along with the killing sprees for good board control.

Similar alternatives/tweaks:

4cc
    0/6
    Combat damage by piercing club can't be prevented by ally or armor abilities.

2cc
    0/2
    Combat damage by piercing club can't be prevented by ally or armor abilities. Whenever an ally is killed in combat with your hero, piercing club does not loose durability.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.
    IGN: Shadaba

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a great idea, I love it in it's 0/2, finally an idea that helps Logan that doesn't doesn't help Amber more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some pretty good ideas actually. Like highmystica I think I like the 2cc 0/2 form best.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree guys, I like the 3cc one better. Since you can effectively only use it once every 3 turns, it means that with 4 durability it will basically stay around all game unless it's destroyed. With the 2cc option, you still have the problem that you have to keep drawing into them as they break if you don't want to die.

EDIT: Just reread the 2cc option, that's definitely better. I like that one. Dezine Teem pls.
    Last edited by Twio; 05-08-2014 at 05:15 AM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    why not 0cc weapon at 0/2 status?
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Inspired by your design. I have another opinion to buff Logan.
    5cc weapon
    Ability: after this weapon kills an opponents' ally, its attack becomes 3.
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince19992
    Inspired by your design. I have another opinion to buff Logan.
    5cc weapon
    Ability: after this weapon kills an opponents' ally, its attack becomes 3.
    Hmmmm, interesting. A bit high on cost, but I like that bit of the attack becoming 3 after killing an ally. This would keep Logan hitting hard even until the next time he can use his ability. I'd often thought it would be so much better if Logan's ability lasted until the start of his next turn, this way it could be like Threbin and act as a deterent from opposing allies wanting to attack him for that one extra turn. Sadly that won't happen obviously, but this could sorta do the same.

Only thing I might add to it is that after the attack is raised to 3 its attack cannot be raised further. This mainly because of Rothem, Amber's ability would already be blocked by her "can't gain another bonus" part of her ability, but Rothem could get the attack to 6 if a bit weren't added to prevent any further increases.

So would be:
    Cost: 5cc
    Stats: 0/4
    Ability: If your hero kills an ally in combat, the attack of this weapon becomes 3, and it may not gain any more attack.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Hmmmm, interesting. A bit high on cost, but I like that bit of the attack becoming 3 after killing an ally. This would keep Logan hitting hard even until the next time he can use his ability. I'd often thought it would be so much better if Logan's ability lasted until the start of his next turn, this way it could be like Threbin and act as a deterent from opposing allies wanting to attack him for that one extra turn. Sadly that won't happen obviously, but this could sorta do the same.

Only thing I might add to it is that after the attack is raised to 3 its attack cannot be raised further. This mainly because of Rothem, Amber's ability would already be blocked by her "can't gain another bonus" part of her ability, but Rothem could get the attack to 6 if a bit weren't added to prevent any further increases.

So would be:
    Ability: If your hero kills an ally in combat, the attack of this weapon becomes 3, and it may not gain any more attack.
    Rothem already has War Flail, Dimension Ripper, Swrod of Might that are already at 2 attack without any requirement. So I don't think this is really needed. For Rothem in order to kill with this weapon he would need to use his ability and then wait 5 turns for next use.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ True, forgot about that. So basically the DT needs to make Vince's idea a reality, as that idea would actually help Logan more than other warriors.

Edit: Also, would it really be that bad to make it only cost 4 instead of 5? Or at least make it have 5 durability if it has to be 5cc. Cause really, a 4cc weapon that can go to 3 attack can already be done with Amber and JD, and that gives her resource renewal. So I think even making this weapon 0/4 for 4cc would still be fine, no need for it cost 5.
    Last edited by tman507; 05-09-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post

So would be:
    Well, the restriction of "it may not gain any more attack" is not necessary because if Amber wants to use it, she has to buff it first to 2/4, then she needs to buff again if she wants to get 5/3, assuming that there is no durability lost in opponents' turn and cost 6SE + 5resouces+ 1card.

Therefore I conclude it's not OP for her and even inefficient for her.

To Rothem, who is somehow weaker than Logan, this weapon can also be useful.

In my opinion, the design only helps one specific hero but definitely useless to other heroes reduces te diversity of the game.
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn