Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I think the card is better than people give it credit for. However, it may just be that there aren't enough combo arch type cards yet to make it really stand out.
    I agree. This card is made for combo decks. Its value will increase as the game progresses. I like the flexibility that you can decide how many cards you want to discard.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    Never used it. I wonder if that was foretold.
    Lol. Prophetic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by huynguyenquang View Post
    But if you are at 6, you can only draw 1 lol. At 5, you can draw 2.
    Could work this way:
    Word of the Prophet
    1cc
    Draw a card. Discard a card. Draw a card. Discard a card. Draw a card. Discard a card.
    Back in black :-E

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nMer View Post
    Could work this way:
    Word of the Prophet
    1cc
    Draw a card. Discard a card. Draw a card. Discard a card. Draw a card. Discard a card.
    Lol card wording shouldnt be such psychotic ranting.
    I think it is fine the current way. In mulligan you always discard first before drawing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I think the card is better than people give it credit for. However, it may just be that there aren't enough combo arch type cards yet to make it really stand out.
    I disagree. The card is garbage for many reasons. The two biggest are this...

It's a minus 1 to card advantage.
    You put back before you draw so you can potentially get the exact same cards, so it does NOTHING for consistency.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can think of very limited situations i'd want this card in my deck. Maybe when my gravebone draws a hand full of fatties at the start. But for this to help me id likely need 4 of them in the deck and it would be there purely for this rare occurrence.
    If the card was like ' sac 3 and search the top 10 cards of your deck for 1 or 2 maybe cards and put those into your hand, shuffle' then i'd think about it. But right now it has nothing to combo with, its just a negative to card advantage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did use this card on test server. Wasnt that bad, but definitely not as good as Bad Santa. I see one good thing about this card is that it lets you dig deep into your deck for something important, be it a weapon or a board wipe.

Back on the test server I WoP this to dig for Interference, to keep my opponent from using his ability and setting myself up for a nuke every turn. I think WoP is better on a solo or semi solo deck where you dont need that much card advantage early game since you wont be using that many cards, but instead you need to find the right card at the right time to set you up properly.

And one more thing: don't automatically dismiss any card just because they give -1 card advantage. Retreat is a great card despite that it gives -1 card advantage.
    Last edited by huynguyenquang; 05-26-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by huynguyenquang View Post
    And one more thing: don't automatically dismiss any card just because they give -1 card advantage. Retreat is a great card despite that it gives -1 card advantage.
    Retreat! can give you board control. This card does nothing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im not saying it is as great as Retreat, but it let you shape your hand. For Shadow heroes, who cant run FFM. Or maybe Human builds who has more crucial cards to run on t4 that they cant make space for FFM.

As I said, this card is very versatile, and its value will rises as more situations arise. Reminds me of Shriek of Vengeance, costly but worth it if used in the right situation.(SoV even gives -2 card advantage, but the ability to destroy items cost 4 or less is worthy in many cases, but not that worthy in some other, especially if you know they probably got another copy on their hand)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was using it in dimension ripper deck to return crappy cards
    IGN: GR3NADE