Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Imati's Lance Deck

Hey Hey SE Community. I'm a newer player (started 2 weeks ago) and I've been trying to make a legit competitive deck because I'm really liking this and want to try some tournaments eventually. Anyhow... I've been reading around at different people's builds and advice given to them. After failing miserably with a Moonstalker ally deck, I decided to attempt a Lance deck. So here's what I've got running at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hero
    ------
    Lance Shadowstalker

Allies (19)
    ------------
    Nightshade x4
    Nightowl x4
    Jasmine Rosecult x3
    Aldon the Brave x3
    Champion of Irum x2
    Aeon Stormcaller x2
    Karlstrad, Ruler of Gaderi

Misc. (21)
    ------------
    Smokescreen x4
    Anklebreaker x4
    Ill-Gotten Gains x4
    Stop Thief x4
    Assassination x3
    Spellbreaker Bands x2 / Treasured Heirloom x2 **

41 Cards (Including Hero)

I'm starting to kind of not like Champion of Irum. I've seen somewhere that Rider of Ellos would be a good mix with Lance. I've been debating on swapping these two out. With Spellbreaker and Treasured Heirloom, I swap them back and forth depending on if I am running across more mages / direct damage decks or not in quick matches.

Anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to meeting y'all in-game.
    Last edited by Imati; 05-21-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think champion of Irum works v well with Lance, I prefer a mix of Puwen and Nightshade personally.

Also 4 Smoke Screen seems like kind of a lot of copies, how good has it been? I might be wrong but it seems more like a 2-3 of card, although tbh I haven't gotten around to testing it with Lance yet.

Also, I would run some number of Raven Wildheart's, she's just too good with the haste boost to pass up. 2 copies has been working well for me though, I think Lance has access to too many compelling fatties now for me to want to run the full four-pack of her like I did back in CotC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, champ can come right out, he's kinda bad in Lance. Night Owl, I can't really justify four copies. I'd run two, to combo with Heirloom, or take them out alltogether. Toss in 3x Raven, she's wonderful in a Lance deck. I'd also find a way to work in some Black garbs
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is 4 Smokescreen good?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe x2 good, but not x4 good.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still not a huge fan of Black Garb. Rush decks are better kept in check by durable 2- and 3-drop allies IMO. Either they kill off some of your opponent's scrubs or you use them as speedbumps/ distractions while you gain resources and start dropping bombs. Here's my argument against Garb basically: sometimes it won't kill anything and will simply prevent two damage or just get destroyed directly. If it kills something, it will be the most expendable ally, or best case scenario two allies, on yr opponent's board. It's also just so easily destroyed: Acid Jet, Shriek, any ally with 1 attack, Squire, any weapon, hell even Poor Quality. These are cards which definitely see play, besides maybe PQ. Also, it's a non-combo with Anklebreaker, which does occasionally come up, although not usually an issue.

It's not a terrible card, I just think that it may not be necessary with Lance. I've never really found myself wanting one so far, although maybe I'll get techy and replace one of my Assassinate's just to see how it goes... Probably not a very good one-of card though, seems like at least 2-3 copies would be needed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try Wymer the Lionheart in Lance. His ability:

When Wymer the Lionheart kills an opposing ally, all friendly allies gain +1 health.

is way more useful than I thought it would be. Nice ally to haste into the field.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."