Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Idea of transferring between accounts

Hi!

As I played the game, I got an idea about it.
    It would be fun to have a way to transfer cards between your 2 accounts for example. No gold, or shadow crystal transfer, only cards. I have a human and a shadow mage account, and of course I always get fine cards that I could use in my other deck.

The transfer mechanism could be in the options menu, for example under the name of "Connecting secondary acocunt" where players can type their secondary e-mail address and password on a popup menupanel. Transferring itself would be in the merchant menu beside the sell button as "Send cards". The gui would look like just in the buy or sell functions, so players could adjust the amount of certain cards to be transferred.
    In my oppinion, that function would cause no harm in purchasing gold or crystals.

I hope I am not alone with this idea, I am really interested in your thoughts about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey! Welcome to the forums! think its been discussed before but the general idea was that this could be exploited. It's much easier to gain SC at lower levels so higher level players could theoretically create a alt account, easily gain SC, but a few cards and then transfer them
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    Hey! Welcome to the forums! think its been discussed before but the general idea was that this could be exploited. It's much easier to gain SC at lower levels so higher level players could theoretically create a alt account, easily gain SC, but a few cards and then transfer them
    This ^^^^^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Suggestions like this keep coming up time and time again. You are not alone but are unrealistic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your point is totally right. It's my fault that I don't think about cheating in a game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    Your point is totally right. It's my fault that I don't think about cheating in a game.
    People always try to cheat in a game. It's just a question of how are they gonna cheat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't bother, man. Anything that could improve the game is exploitable, apparently.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrusKhane View Post
    Don't bother, man. Anything that could improve the game is exploitable, apparently.
    Its not that, don't be so Cynical about it. =/

With the way Shadow Era currently works (and the way they seem to want to keep it) this really would be exploitative.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's absolutely that, Demnchi. I'm not going to go into the whole diatribe I have flying through my mind right now, but it's 100% true, cynical or not.

Bottom line: People are going to cheat. People that aren't going to cheat, won't. So a few hundred people farm SC on separate accounts to buy cards to transfer to their main account. Well, guess what? Phones/PCx/Macs all have this nifty little string of numbers called IP addresses. See 3 accounts on the same IP? That guy probably has two alternate accounts. He's cool. See 35 accounts from one IP? Yeah, that guy is cheating. Ban his IP. For every cheat, there is a way to stop it, and punish those who employ it. However, even though I've dumped an assload of cash into this game, If I want to create an alternate account for deck testing, I have to either farm the ai for gold, and everyone knows, repetitive, boring gameplay is just the tits, or I can shell out another assload of cash to flesh out my playset. That's complete bullshit. The reason this suggestion gets shot down every time it gets posted is because Wulven is either:

A: Too cheap/unwilling to monitor IP's for SC farmers, or
    B: Too money hungry to allow people to flesh out a second account for free with the gold/cards they paid for.

I understand Wulven is a small company, and they need money to stay afloat, but there's a difference between posting a profit and becoming Wulvensoft.

Such is my rant.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you already spent money on the game, then putting shadow crystals into a separate test account will really not be a problem. Simply email support to transfer some of the crystals you have already purchased to the new account.

I don't understand why people think it is their right to have a set of cards and be able to use them across multiple accounts. From the many other online games that I have played, I can't recall any of them giving me the ability to transfer anything from one account to another. There were options to transfer items from one character to another but both still needed to belong to one account.

I believe people think that because making multiple accounts is so easy, that it is a feature of the game to create test/alternate accounts. It's not. You should be able to play the game perfectly fine with just one account. If you wanted a test account to "preserve" your rating, then I think it's justified that you should pay to complete your set with that test account.

After trying out some other CCGs that are in the works or are already out there, I'm already grateful that we can reuse cards across the different heroes we might want to create a deck for rather than having to buy more than 4 copies of each card for a particular account.

@Remus - I'm not bashing on your suggestion. My post is more of a general response to the other various posts other people have made concerning this "feature". Welcome to the forums by the way.