Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Unity Web Player keeps crashing, can't play anymore

Did anyone encounter the following issue - happens both on PC version and Web version, very frustrating. It would be awesome if someone had the same issue, and if he tells me how he fixed it...because I don't find any solution in the internet and this is something the Support can't help me with.

Since yesterday the game crashes randomly, couldn't even start a match (very frustrating, especially because of the LDL Tournament yesterday which I couldn't even particape because of crashes, we tried 4 times -> 2 times on PC version and 2 times Web version, always the same issue.)

I get the following error message (Fatal error in gc, GetThreadContent failed), after the message appears the game crashes:

Yesterday: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/82956635.png/

A match of today: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/16310118.png/
    I googled for solutions and got a good result of the Unity Web Player forum: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions...xt-failed.html

The problem seems to appear on Windows 7 64-bit versions with Kaspersky Antivirus - but I don't use Kaspersky. I use Avast and I even deactivated it completely and tried, still crashes so this can't be the troublemaker. I even followed the tip of disabling network and restart again, doesn't work.
    The crashes confuse me, because 2 days ago and all the months before I never encountered this problem. I didn't install anything since weeks, nor I downloaded anything which could have contained a virus or something.
    Last edited by Heimdall; 05-19-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Heimdall

Helpful links :: Deck builder :: IRC Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Someone else had this problem earlier in this thread. I believe they just removed Avast (as in uninstalled and removed). That's unfortunately all the information I have on this error.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I can tell you with 100% certainty that it's Avast. I changed to Kaspersky and haven't had the problem since. I dunno if Kaspersky has a free version like Avast does, but if you pm me your email address, (don't wanna be passing links around on the forum) I'll send you some links to a certain "bay" where you can get it.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks both a lot for your help, it did work! Just made a match with a guild member without any problems!

Still very weird this problem, because I shut down all functions and processes of Avast to test -> and it crashed...I mean if I shut down all processes, then it should be the same as deinstalled, not? (but now it appeared to be not the same )

Anyways, since Avast is deinstalled completely now and since I use Avira now, no crashes with the Unity Web Player so far.
    Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Heimdall

Helpful links :: Deck builder :: IRC Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Got a similar issue, and it looked like uninstalling AVAST (replaced with AVG) fixed the problem.

Could this thread or a new one describing the known Unity player bugs and their workaround become sticky?
    Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacelkos View Post
    Got a similar issue, and it looked like uninstalling AVAST (replaced with AVG) fixed the problem.

Could this thread or a new one describing the known Unity player bugs and their workaround become sticky?
    Thanks!
    I downgraded from Avast 8 to 7 and it seems everything is working fine for me after I did that.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.