Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Some GUI and FX Improvements would be awesome

Hi there,

iŽll try to give a little back feedback, mainly on GUI and graphical things.
    English is not my native language, but iŽll give my best, to describe the things, I got in mind.

I don’t know, if the UI must be kept 100% identical on all devices, or if some tweaks could be done for a certain platform. I play SE on iPad Mini, iPhone 4S and decent PC.

The art style is quite nice and cards (this is, what is all about) looking great! The game is fun to play and quite fine, the way it is. But “fine” could be improved, at least from the eye-candy POV.

Mainly interface and backgrounds could be much, much better quality, function and style, I think.
    (Overall, most things could look a lot more "poilished")

Ok, time to let you know my ideas/suggestions/wish list:

GUI
    The map (“world”) looks really low-res and kind of dull. Same goes for the background images, when playing against AI or human players. Resolution is better, but still boring and not enough different images.

My solution/idea
    Background, when playing matches should be more “alive”, like some (not too much) animated elements should be implemented.

(More different background images would be nice, also)

The backgrounds should differ in AI/Human matches. Like more “drawn fantasy scene-a-like”, when playing against AI (reflecting the kind of terrain, you fight in on the worldmap), like snow-scene, when in a “snowy area” or more “dry and dusty”, when on a desert part of the map.

For human-matches, a high-res, polished, dark marble board would be cool!
    (with some larva slowly crawling along it or something like that)

Menus

Damm, theyŽre looking kind of… 1999?
    This strange “button like thing” in the left-down corner… I mean… this seems like some “emergency programmed” kind of thing. ItŽs totally displaced and just… I mean… What?

FX
    Abilities

The fx of abilities could be a bit more dramatic and more colourful/different.
    (More “BOOOM!” kind of fx)

Imagine fullscreen lightning, when “Rain delay” is active or a real big thunderstorm, when “Lighting strike” is casted. I guess, you get what I mean…

Cards

Some fx for/on the cards would also contribute a lot to the overall “more eye candy” kind of things.

Make the cards look more “real 3-D”, add a bit of depth and shading to them and a bit of a wobbling-fx, when a card is played (getting zoomed and centred on)… may the board could get some DoF then, would be great!

Sound

Pls fix the sound (volume) on PC – it is much too loud, compared to other games, I play. I must tune down my volume slider to slightly above zero, the smallest volume possible. It would be much better, when some audio-volume options would be in the PC version, so volume could be adjusted in SE directly.

ThatŽs pretty much it !!!

Best Regards and thank you for this cool and free TCG
    Last edited by OnkelPoe; 05-17-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo / added a few things

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is one of the better reviews on GUI, in my opinion. Not much whine, but some constructive feedback.

Not sure how I would feel on moving things in the background of battles, but other than that, I can agree. Especially the sound stuff. Even on the lowest of sound, my sister hears it in the room a floor beneath me (wel, I exaggerate a BIT, but I'm sure she can almost hear it )
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1, though I'm not sure how I feel about the animated elements. Personally, I would like them, but we had enough people complaining about the animated foils.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1. I feel the same way too. Glad to see someone spending time to write this much just on GUI and FX.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome post, I agree on almost every point (not on the animated backgrounds while playing).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nhantranloitieu View Post
    +1. I feel the same way too. Glad to see someone spending time to write this much just on GUI and FX.
    Hey, glad to see, that my ideas/suggestions got some acceptance by other players!

I was a bit unsure posting them... thought, iŽll may get ripped into pieces for it^^

So... does somebody have a good connection to the devs to push this ideas onto the road for 2.1?
    Last edited by OnkelPoe; 05-17-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by OnkelPoe View Post
    Hey, glad to see, that my ideas/suggestions got some acceptance by other players!

I was a bit unsure posting them... thought, iŽll may get ripped into pieces for it^^

So... does somebody have a good connection to the devs to push this ideas onto the road for 2.1?
    Best try your luck with 2.2 since 2.1 is already out on the the test server
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Devs probably got their plan already. They fell back a bit for quite a while, so I think they would prioritize new content and features over GUI and FX. And since they just redid the whole GUI, I don't think even 2.2 or 2.x that GUI is gonna see any significant improvement.

If we look back, first time they redo the whole GUI is 2.0 with the release of DP. So maybe in 3.0 when they release the new set is more realistic?