Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How is balance calculated in this game?

How is balanced calculated? Is it done mathematically, logically? Or do they just keep adding new cards to counter another card, which may result in people adding too many cards to their deck because of how specific a card's use becomes? How do you know for certain when a TCG is truly balanced?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The devs have stated that they have usage and win statistics for every hero that help them know, to some extent, that everything is well balanced (of course this information won't be released in public to not affect players' choices).

As far as counters are concerned, the game is not based on specific counters. However, if one deck archetype gets popular, people will learn to play against it (or tech against it), that deck archetype will drop in popularity etc. It's all part of the shifting meta.
    Kratylus - Honored Bearer of Aegis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, nothing is TRULY balanced in a TCG. But you can get pretty close. Mostly it's just done on the statistics available to the devs, and tweaks from there were done needed.

Also, most of the balancing is already done during the testing phase. The PFG. There there are balance tweaks every 2 weeks or so.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hope this gives an idea of how is everything balanced...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It doesn't need true balance. It only needs enough parity to keep things interesting. And, sometimes, it doesn't even need that. I remember that magic had a few iterations where the game was very imbalanced.
    "The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -- Almost Famous

"Look at your fine self. You look like you should be married to one of the San Diego Padres." -- Tracy Morgan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The devs and the PFG spent a lot of quality time testing and balancing the cards.

Another thanks to them!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I surely hope that the upcoming expansion is within 6 months because or even closer. Im excited and that hopefully it will remain balanced and hopefully help the other heroes like viktor, and logan to be higher tiers.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder