Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This new merchant thing

Hi, can someone tell me a bit more about this new merchant system, that allows players to buy and sell to each other? Only reason I ask is because a similar system was introduced to AC:recollection, and it had the effect of demonetizing the game for the developer UbiSoft, who abandoned it. I was worried a similar thing might happen here, where no money is spent because simply trading the market is sufficient to buy all the cards.

Pete
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It'll basically be the same as the current merchant, but player run/dictated, and with foils.

IIRC, it was a lot easier to make money in Recollection, though. People will still need to farm for gold, people will still get sick of playing the AI, and people will still buy SC to circumvent the agony. Lol
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    Hi, can someone tell me a bit more about this new merchant system, that allows players to buy and sell to each other? Only reason I ask is because a similar system was introduced to AC:recollection, and it had the effect of demonetizing the game for the developer UbiSoft, who abandoned it. I was worried a similar thing might happen here, where no money is spent because simply trading the market is sufficient to buy all the cards.

Pete
    Welcome back, BTW!
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post

Pete
    Welcome back pete.

Essentially the Card Market will allow players to set a price they want to sell/buy a card for. If someone matches that price the exchange happens. Because the normal merchant will still be available, he will be able to dictate price limitations in the sense if a card is in the merchant for less than someone is selling it for, then you can just buy from the merchant.

Honestly I don't think it will really do anything for the game outside of allowing free players to obtain foils for gold. Its already really easy to get all the cards in this game and, while having the merchant will make it slightly easier, it shouldn't really effect the game negatively. Especially not with all the other ways there are/will be to spend SC on stuff (such as bonus deck slots and playmats).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the replies. I disagree that this is not negative. I was considering buying 1000 or so boosters in the hope of foils, but now I see that this is a potential more economic (for me) way to do things. This is an interesting development.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's a good chance that boosters will still be a good way to get foils. It all depends on the prices of certain foils. However, on that mark I do agree is a negative. I just don't think it will have as catastrophic of an effect as it apparently did for the Assassin's Creed game you mentioned.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was concerned about this as well, however there is the built-in opportunity to use "market makers", which follows the real world stock market system, in which a few NPCs could have a massive supply of cards and keep prices within a certain range if needed.

Once you can sell foils on the open market, the price in gold should be enough to make buying boosters more attractive than it is now. And when you see the price of foil Legendaries, you'll want to start opening a lot of packs!

It's a good feature to have, since then you can say there is actually player trading in this trading card game. Although we can of course never allow direct trading in a free to play game, it's close enough...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The commons will probably go pretty low in price, but I think foils and much wanted Epic cards could go for a lot of gold, so I don't think player to player trading would be a problem. If anything, it'll make the game cheaper for the free players, but more expensive for the players that want everything.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since when did this become implemented? Did I miss something?

Also, welcome back Bike Stealer!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    Also, welcome back Bike Stealer!
    Wow.... that's going back.

Welcome back Pete!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!