Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay so for my brothers birthday I took him to my local yugioh card shop for the first time, Past Present Future in West Palm Beach FL. I had a shit load of store credit saved, almost $600 and got him all sorts of stuff, Boosters, Starter decks, Tins, Sleeves, a Binder and a couple cheap comic books. I was participating in the local tournament being held and my brother was just hanging out opening his cards, trading and playing casual games. After one of my rounds was over he told me that a guy took his Jinzo that he opened from his booster packs, I confronted the guy and he said that my brother agreed to play him for it, my brother confirmed that they did play for it but he was under the impression that he was also a newer player since he wasn't in the tournament, EVERYONE there knew that my brother wasn't a competitive player and was just getting started so this guy basically cheated a kid out of his rare card that he pulled, Take in mind that this was not the Jinzo that came in the tin but the rare Jinzo from Pharoes Servant booster, anyways I told the dude to play me for the Jinzo back and I would offer a card of my own... He refused many times, I than said "we'll, what if I use the same deck my brother played" he still refused, I told him that I would bet MY entire deck (the one I'm using in tourney) against HIS deck and my brothers Jinzo if I won. and I would use the deck my brother used against him, I guess he figured it was a easy come up and there's no way he could lose so he agreed, we sat down and played, I'm playing with my brothers deck made up of the cards he just got today, mix of SD cards, few boosters and tin cards. It actually wasn't too bad of a deck but my brother didn't know how to play very good yet. Anyways, I beat the asshole fair and square, he was astonished and looking very stupid and probably humiliated. At first he wasn't trying to give up his deck and only gave me my brothers Jinzo back but I wasn't having it, after getting a little physical (I didn't punch the guy or nothing) I got his deck from him, the guy left into the pizza place next door where everyone would hang out and eat between rounds and he came back with his buddy, I knew the guy, he always came into the shop every week and he had the Biggest collection of cards I ever seen, I think he was trying to become a vendor, anyways they both came up to me and my brother, the dude I just beat was crying (I mean literally. Snotty face and everything, the guy was like 16, 17 sobbing away) his buddy was doing all the talking and told me if I gave him his deck he would let me choose 10 cards from his binder and I could have any 10 I wanted. I agreed, I took a BLS-envoy that I needed and told my brother to pick out the rest and gave the guy his deck back. After that I won the Locals and was offered a ride to the Regionals being held the following Saturday which I wasn't planning on attending because my grandmothers car was broke down. Me and my brother still talk about that day lol.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All my cards are in cases like this. http://www.amazon.com/Vault-Case-Wat.../dp/B004IKCVNM

I never put anything temperature sensitive or something vulnerable to water in storage without one.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I was 16, I started running the local pokemon gym. Around that time, the TCG gameboy game was also released. It led to a deck called 'The Mighty Cheese Deck' (no relation). Sadly, the deck required a digital only card, but I did build a real-life version with some special care. This deck was dubbed 'Mighty Mighty Cheese', and it was stupid fast.

Now, at that time there was a kid who came to the league who understood nothing about sportsmanship. He was all about winning, and netdecked anything he could get his hands on. He almost always came close to winning tournaments, but the kids who actually trained with me usually ended up edging him out (when you change decks every week, you never master any of them abd that holds you back). This kid eventually watched enough of my training games to mimic my Cheese Deck, and thus began his reign of terror.

Four weeks went by, when the shop in the mall I worked at asked me to help them out. Not only was this kid winning, he was gloating so bad that none of the kids wanted to keep playing! He offered me the run of his shop to build a deck capable of beating the kid, but as the gym leader we agreed I couldn't participate. I had to train another player to use my new deck. As I said, I was worried over both player and deck would be too new to not hold one another back.

This card shop employed one of most attractive women that they could find, but knew nothing about card games. Since she didn't know up from down, I decided to meet with her the day of the tournament and train her to play with that specific deck alone. A few tweaks to match her line of thinking, and she was off. I did get to watch her go, and it was impressive. Like a bad 80s movie, my two decks faced off in the finals.

It wasn't just that she won (deck was built almost as a direct counter), it was the fact that afterwards she used her prize to offer some of the younger kids treats from another shop in the mall that I think really did the guy in. Not only had he been beaten, not only had he been beaten by a girl, not only had he been beaten by someone who only learned to play that same day, he'd been beaten with grace.

Afterwards, their confidence restored, many kids alternated winning. The 'villain' still won from time to time. If he ever tried to be poor about it, that one time was always used to bring him back in line. That, for me, was an astounding moment for me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post
    Okay so for my brothers birthday I took him to my local yugioh card shop for the first time, Past Present Future in West Palm Beach FL. I had a shit load of store credit saved, almost $600, and got him all sorts of stuff. Boosters, Starter decks, Tins, Sleeves, a Binder and a couple cheap comic books.

I was participating in the local tournament being held and my brother was just hanging out opening his cards, trading and playing casual games. After one of my rounds was over he told me that a guy took his Jinzo that he opened from his booster packs. I confronted the guy and he said that my brother agreed to play him for it. My brother confirmed that they did play for it but he was under the impression that he was also a newer player since he wasn't in the tournament.

EVERYONE there knew that my brother wasn't a competitive player and was just getting started so this guy basically cheated a kid out of his rare card that he pulled, Take in mind that this was not the Jinzo that came in the tin but the rare Jinzo from Pharoes Servant booster, anyways I told the dude to play me for the Jinzo back and I would offer a card of my own. He refused many times. Then I said "Well what if I use the same deck my brother played?" He still refused. I told him that I would bet MY entire deck (the one I'm using in tourney) against HIS deck and my brothers Jinzo if I won. I guess he figured it was a easy come up and there's no way he could lose so he agreed.

We sat down and played. I'm playing with my brothers deck made up of the cards he just got today. Mix of SD cards, few boosters and tin cards. It actually wasn't too bad of a deck but my brother didn't know how to play very good yet. Anyways, I beat the asshole fair and square. He was astonished and looking very stupid and probably humiliated. At first he wasn't trying to give up his deck and only gave me my brothers Jinzo back but I wasn't having it, after getting a little physical (I didn't punch the guy or nothing) I got his deck from him.

The guy left into the pizza place next door where everyone would hang out and eat between rounds, and he came back with his buddy. I knew the guy, he always came into the shop every week, and he had the Biggest collection of cards I ever seen. I think he was trying to become a vendor. Anyways they both came up to me and my brother, and the dude I just beat was crying (I mean literally. Snotty face and everything, the guy was like 16, 17 sobbing away). His buddy was doing all the talking and told me if I gave him his deck he would let me choose 10 cards from his binder and I could have any 10 I wanted. I agreed.

I took a BLS-envoy that I needed and told my brother to pick out the rest and gave the guy his deck back. After that I won the Locals and was offered a ride to the Regionals being held the following Saturday which I wasn't planning on attending because my grandmothers car was broke down. Me and my brother still talk about that day lol.
    Holy wall of text. I fixed that for you.
    This beast comes out when it is 25 degrees below zero
    It can rip your head off
    It can fly as high as a bird
    It can bite your face

Theme Song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Props to Savage and Nachyo. I've got a few triumph-over-a-douchebag stories as well.
    Acolytes of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow Era is the only one I've played competitively. No such moments for me.

Though, I once pulled a foil Celebi! Does that count?
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're proud of it, it counts.
    Acolytes of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cyrus, talk about finding a rare antique in a junkyard sale. Props to you for being so principled about the Black Lotus.
    Guardian of the Riding Hoods
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON OUR GUILD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Right? I'll never buy a picasso at a garage sale, but that's still pretty damn incredible. As for the principles, as soon as my buddy told me it was valued at around 2.5k, I had to give it back. That's a shitload of money, and shitloads of money are awesome, but there was no way I could've been okay with keeping it. Besides, I was in a pretty good time in my life, wasn't hurting for cash, so it would've been bad juju to keep it.
    Acolytes of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I was a kid, I got a foil Slifer the Sky Dragon. I was so happy. I thought it was a very very rare official card, because the card nicely printed, has good texture, and has japanese letters (?) at the bottom-left instead of 8 digit card number. lol. Years later when I was in high school, I show the card to my classmate to ask whether the card is an official one or not, but he told me it is not an official card (he is familiar with official yugioh cards, because he collects some, so I believe what he said that my Slifer is an unofficial one aka fake card). But I still keep the card though, it is still my favourite yugioh card I have.
    wulvencub
    Machinist of the Polar Express
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn