Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDemonKn1ght View Post
    Here's the hybridization I'm testing ATM.
    4 Ironhide Karash
    2 Morbid Acolyte
    2 Gargoyle
    2 Thaddeus
    2 Lightning Hunter
    3 Shadow Knight
    3 Tiger Wulf

4 Captured Prey
    4 Speedstrike
    4 Blood Moon
    2 Bad Santa

2 Wrath of the Forest
    3 What Big Teeth
    4 Jeweler's Dream

41 cards + Hero

So far I've played not many games since modifying my previous list, but it feels pretty powerful. I expect that a lot of folks will balk at some of my two-ofs, but I kind of like this approach for the three-drop creatures, because they all shine in various matchups without losing much in the way of general utility even when they're less needed (they still all attack for 2, after all.)
    Basically, I'm trying to remain aggressive with my list, while developing a little more late-game power through a couple concessions against my raw speed. Chaining Tiger Wulfs and Shadow Knights together with a WotF in play just generates the type of late-game card advantage most decks aren't capable of holding up to. It's a little fragile though, because obviously everything this deck seeks to do relies on being able to retain board control and/or race the opponent.

I think maybe I should find a way to max out my Lightning Hunters, since they are so good at taking back the board (especially with a weapon.)

Any feedback?
    What I like about my build is that I run enough cheap cards + JD that mostly stays at 4-5 resourceses druing a game. It just gives me much more cards I can use that normally I had to sac for going up at 5-8. SK seems fine tho as you get an ally and he replace himself when he's played but Tiger Wulf is just overcosted in this. I think x6 3cc allies is too low numbered and i don't think you draw them concistant enough to actually use them on t3 every game, x7 3cc allies in my eyes are the minimum. Maky Your BS to x3 as you do need to get to 5 resource to actually play SK and with Speed + JD, you will get out of fuel quickly as your resource accelerate while you play a bunch of cards out of it. I'm not a fan of running more that x40 cards as it will make the deck won't be as much concistant, but I've seen players having succes with it anyway so you can decide.

My suggestion:
    -2 WotF
    -2 Morbid
    -3 Tiger Wulf

+1 DMT, he's like your haste ally trough the Speed + JD combo, you will often wipe the board early game. Unlike LH, he doesn't make you lose SE.
    +2 Garg, explained later in the post.
    +1 BS

Optional: -1 SK, +1 LH

Still like my build better
    Quote Originally Posted by vampireyu View Post
    From my exp, I think Morbid Acolyte is a generally better card. It's 5Hp against burn and can take out all passive ability which is so critical against stealth creature/Moonstallker. As a result, I may pump up Morbid Acolyte's number.
    Another card I think you should consider to add more is Wrath of the Forest. This is the card-draw engine and excellent against any board swipe. Il prefer this armor in Howlfang type deck which has more 3cc Wulven or creature swarm type Moonstalker deck. Also if you can play Wotf timely, you can make opponent I hard to use the swiper.
    Morbid Acolyte is a cool dude but replacing him with Gary is totally unnesessary. Gary's survivalbility is important ah he can live long enough to actually deal huge amounth of damage over time while Morbid, despite has 5HP, he still alot easier to kill. And he shouldn't add more WotF because he just doesn't run enough allies to actually have it enough useful. Heck I think he should remove all his WotF's. Alsoe WotF is a tempo loss and you want to be light footed. Blood Moon and BS is enough if you stumple apon a board wipe and I don't see any Moonstalker in QM either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any thoughts on

-4x IG +4x PW
    -1x IK +1x CP

7 2cc allies greatly increase the chance of explosive opening when going first.
    4x CP simply because NYM cannot deal with Rider and Rider is PITA for Dc.
    Last edited by Dylan Hunt; 05-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Captain Hunt of the High Guard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP DylanHunt

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hunt View Post
    Any thoughts on

-4x IG +4x PW
    -1x IK +1x CP

7 2cc allies greatly increase the chance of explosive opening when going first.
    4x CP simply because NYM cannot deal with Rider and Rider is PITA for Dc.
    Ironhide is much much better than Pack Wolf most of the time. Like PW tho, 3 damage and he's dead but he won't be touched by 2 points combat damage so he can attack through most dudes + he doesn't care of Anklebreaker, he has more survivability but he still slap 2 damage. PW tho is good when having more copies of him on the field but how many times does that happen?

There is no way I'm taking out Gary, read my previous post.

+1 CP, well it's a good card but I don't feel I need more and especially that I won't take out any allies for adding it. I still want to beat with dudes, being proactive instead of being reactive. In other words, my deck is good as it is right now. Maybe you got the answere you were looking for

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How will this deck handle a rush back when going 2nd?

For instance, Kris->Puwen->Aldon->draw->fattie or IK->MA->MA's ability+removal->fattie.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hunt View Post
    How will this deck handle a rush back when going 2nd?

For instance, Kris->Puwen->Aldon->draw->fattie or IK->MA->MA's ability+removal->fattie.
    You should never sac NYM as it's important to get rid of Aldon. Turn 4 to play something that kills direct of the bat is also important. Just remember these two thing and you will be fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    You should never sac NYM as it's important to get rid of Aldon. Turn 4 to play something that kills direct of the bat is also important. Just remember these two thing and you will be fine.
    Let's see.

T1: opponent Kris vs nothing
    T2: opponent Puwen vs your IK
    T3: opponent Aldon, Puwen kills IK vs your NYM kills Aldon
    T4: opponent TO, vs your WBT/JD

Now even if you use Dc's ability, you can only kill one ally since Dc doesn't have Speedstrike. And your Blood Moon is not up yet. If your weapon is JD, it will be almost gone after Kris and TO suicide into Dc. Not so good.

T1: opponent nothing vs nothing
    T2: opponent IK vs your IK
    T3: opponent MA, vs your NYM kills MA
    T4: opponent DMT vs your WBT/JD

Better, with Dc's ability you can kill DMT. But it still is an uphill fight.

And you probably have noticed by now, in both cases, IG is not going to save you on T3.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    NYM is used on t4 combinated with JD, Both Puwen and Aldon is dead. Don't see an issue there. If you used DMT on turn 3, both LH or JD will take care.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep solid deck ,but I would add 2 Spectral Dagger for mine if I do so. Sp is good against warrior and all kinds of annoying attachment card plus it can do total of 8 damage with Speedstrike and SE ability, it can retake any bad board control easily.
    Why so serious ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Breaker View Post
    Yep solid deck ,but I would add 2 Spectral Dagger for mine if I do so. Sp is good against warrior and all kinds of annoying attachment card plus it can do total of 8 damage with Speedstrike and SE ability, it can retake any bad board control easily.
    Except spectral doesnt replenish resources and has only 2 durability. Killing 2 allies with it leaves you right back where you started.

As a finisher? Yes. To retake the board? Hell no.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Breaker View Post
    I've never found Spectral Saber fit into the build... With JD, it already consumes the durability fast but I can still leavethe weapon on to make my opponent think twice before attacking into the hero. It really doesn't take back board or at least not alone because you mostly only have 5 resources online and playing it will be the only card you will play in that turn, no allies you can play to mark that you've taken board back. Unless you've somehow already have them on board but then that isn't a lost board and if you want to take the opponents dudes off, WBT or JD does a better job.

As for crippling the warriors card draw, having Spectral in the build isn't worth it as I want consistency as possible and the reason I said ^there... I rather race them with my own draw engine and Santa Bomb when they have Blood Frenzy out. Removing enemy attachment on my own allies won't work that well as I don't have any of them worth the time and resource to do that, it's not Brutal Minotaur I have over here.

In other words... Aldeen has a point there. Thanks for the suggestion though. Nice to see this thread getting a bump