Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Night Owl

Night Owl

ex071
    Night Owl
    Rogue Ally 3
    3 2
    While any opposing player controls a number of allies equal to or greater than you, Night Owl has stealth. When Night Owl is killed, draw a card.

Is this ally any good? At 3cc he is in competition for some other strong human 3cc - Aldon, PotL, Jasmine, Seductress.. The Stealth is conditional, not outright and draw only comes when it's killed.

To me it seems like Belladonna. Situational, squishy and generally speaking, not very good.

Thoughts? I'd like to play rogue more but I feel like their card pool has taken a step backward since the release of DP.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He's good but situational IMO , to be played the opposite of another 3cc ally depending on the board and your draw.

And your right about the lack of rogue cards from DP, they got pretty much nothing besides smoke screen and a few others mostly good for Serena(FoB)

Night owl and smoke screen are probly the 2 best new cards for lance... (Some might say VO but it isn't consistent enough right now)
    AA1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another cantrip card for rogues. The 2 health is squishy. I'm confused on what to comment on this card. lol.
    IGN: BP Darkenheart

The Vengeful Ghost of Dark Helm's Past
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a general rule, I would run this card in a Rogue deck, but not 4x. If you're ahead, it really isn't good for much. If you're behind, the stealth might let it last a turn, at which point the 3 damage will kill most allies when combined with something else (Recon, Anklebreaker, another ally, etc), and its eventual death will get you another card. Unless it's an ally centric deck with almost entirely allies, in which case I might go to 4x for the draw.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    THe draw can be important for rogue as igg is giving oppoment a free turn om. Turn 4. Rogue may need the extra draw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you see Night Owl's "occasional stealth" as a bonus -> if you're playing Lance (can't comment on Serena) there are enough ways to keep him hidden, and using my deck as an example (as with most my decks, bias on "small thorns" (low-cost allies)) you can flood your bench with stealthy Rogue allies for example, and when things go tits up use Night Owl as a failsafe when they've been wiped away and you're facing a hefty opposition! The low health -> majority of Burns equal 3 damage anyway! To summarise, not a great card unless with Lance.

Also what's "squish"? It's not in the noob dictionary!
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Squishy = low health, easy to kill. I like to play him x2 and combo with Heirloom when possible.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think its a great card. Rogues lack of Draw cards adds appeal to this. Its a good card going 2nd (being stealthed) to set up a lances early turnaround on T4 hasting another ally (IGG depending). Your saying its 'situational'...what card isn't? Puwen plus a couple? If u look at TO vs NO, i would easily pick NO. 3cc vs 4, 3 attack vs 2, and possible stealth vs none. Only negative is the 1 draw vs 2 ; which with IGG, the extra attack, and stealth pushes it practically even.

Also since lance basically is a 'turnaround' hero, it works great. Maybe not with Serena as much, but obviously some cards don't work well with certain heroes.
    Live Server IGN: TJ novo6
    Test Server IGN: novo6

cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The 1 card draw makes NO a cantrip, not a source of draw. TO is considered by many players as a source of draw.
    And the purpose of the 2 is different. TO is played to die, you want him to die as fast as you can, sometimes you even suicide hit if he survives. While NO at 3cc can come out early, you hope to sneak in a few attack before the opponent kill him with a spell or something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it. Very good card. Yes, he's got low health, but played right he can do some damage, with added card cantrip as brucie bonus. What's not to like?
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/