Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, seems like pretty disparate lists between us three, but we all agree on the following guys: Nightshade, Karlstrad, Raven, and Jasmine. No huge surprise that we're all running Ill-Gotten Gains, Anklebreaker, and Stop Thief, lol.

I'm thinking of personally going -1 Agent Rex, -1 Santa, and adding some combination of a third Karlstrad, a second Legend Rises, and/ or Wymer the Lion-Hearted or Riders (or Spelleater Bands, but i hate including more than one copy,) in those two slots. Any recommendations based on my 2- and 3-drop centric list?
    Personally I think a third Karl is probably pretty good idea. Legend is also pretty sweet, because even in matches where it doesn't remove CB or CP, or the newly prevalent Consuming Fear, it can still function as a removal spell in a pinch, boosting my early guys enough to kill most other allies. It works a lot like Bloodthirsty in a shadow deck, except instead of cantripping by actually drawing, it cantrips by being a pseudo removal spell.

What y'all think I should do w those two slots?
    Last edited by DukeDemonKn1ght; 05-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems like between the three of us, we're going for somewhat different strategies but we all agree on the following allies: Nightshade, Jasmine, Raven, and Karlstrad. Seems to me like Nightshade is too versatile not to include some number of, and the others are some of the best guys that Lance has to put his haste ability on. No huge surprise that all three of us are running IGG, Anklebreaker, and Stop thief. Lol.

Anyone else having a bit of burn problems? I was thinking of adding some number of Spelleater's but I kind of hate to use more than one, because its dead against anything besides mages or Banebow and Zaladar (and not super effective in those last two.)

I think I will probably cut my Agent Rex and Santa onesies, any recommendations? I was thinking maybe a Spelleater's and a third Karl?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Garbs, hands down. Three Karls is kind of overkill, and the only reason I keep my third one is because I ALWAYS have a Karl in my hand t1 and it alleviates first turn sac pressure. Garb is a great 3cc drop whether you have board control or not. Kills their allies, allowing you to focus your attack on the hero and go for the throat.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it just me? Kalstrad for me is a win more card, he's good when you have many allies on board but in that point you've already won. Also I don't like Black Garb, sure it absorbs rush but I rather use Seductress as she does the same, go for the dome, but with an ally and it's tempo advantage. Can't really afford not to play an ally on turn 3 as he will take so much damage from it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Karlstrad can be a win more card. With 6 two-drops and 8 three-drops though, my list takes pretty good advantage of him as a beat stick. I really don't like Black Garb for Lance either. It gets nerfed by Kris, Snake, Brutalis, Twisted Familiar, and any weapons.

Furthermore everyone seems to think its good against rush, but think about it this way: if yr opponent has no choice but to attack into it, you probably have no allies in play (or a Shade and/or Owl-- not much). Given this circumstance, I would rather have Seductress. On the other hand, if you do have allies in play (which one tends to playing Lance), they'll focus on killing your guys and then worry about the Garb. You know, the same guys you just spent a whole turn not casting because of Garb.

Also, seems to me that folks aren't noticing that Garb is actually better against fatties than rush decks with many small creatures.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice decks and discussion. If you noticed I did add in Assassination. For Black Garb I think it can be usefull but there are a good bit of ways for other heroes to get around it. I find its probly worse now with the expansion, I dunno it can be a Great distraction card its tough to say..

As for Karlstrad I think he's pretty beast with Lance, being able to haste him in and attack the opposing hero right away is gonna take away a good chunk from your opponent depending on how many allies you have out.(however I'm starting to notice he can be a bit overkill so swapping him out may be a future change)

I dunno, I like Tresured Heirloom over Tainted Oracle, It can give you just enough draw together with Night Owl that you can not have IIG be such a pressure of getting down. Plus the additional 1 attack gives alot of allies that extra amount to take care of more enemy allies.

I still really like SpellEater Bands now with even more abilty damge, they were necessary because of the prevalence of Mages and there still as strong as ever. A good sac card if you don't need them.(but I still hold on to them sometimes and just use them for armor and the possibility of allies that can do abilty damage)

Braxnorian Soldier finally gives Lance a way to deal with Portal since Stop, Thief! can't touch it..

I don't see the point of ever running just one copy of a card, so in that case if either just get rid of it or add more.

As for the deck in my OP I've probly tweaked it again atleast 5 more times adding in and taking out stuff trying to find the perfect combination.

@Duke - Id take out Rex,Bad Santa , aeon and add 2 Spell Eater Bands and another A Legend Rises

I'm thinking after Paladin of Unaxio gets his Buff he might replace Karlstad... His ability to remove bad status is already usefull, being able to prevent all allies and Hero from 1 abilty damage could be pretty great esp. With all the Furrion Terrors running about. Also will help out against the mages too.. Wouldn't replace SpellEaters either.. I think lance would really benefit with every way to prevent burn that he can...
    Last edited by DarthRonfar; 05-22-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    AA1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi !

Great guide, so far I have been playing with Raphs Lance build in the new players forum but this one looks fun and I would like to try it out.
    One question tho, I have no Karlstrad in my collection and he is not on the merchant at the moment.. What would you recommend to use instead ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Probly 2 Aldon, 2 Wymer or 2 smoke screen, I would say PoU but he hasn't received his buff yet...

*In fact I'm changing it to Wymer right now...
    Last edited by DarthRonfar; 05-29-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    AA1