Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation I give you "A Brave New Lance"

News flash! Lance is no longer a T1 hero... It's unfortunate yes. The problem is the lack of any real good cards in the rogue class from DP, after playing around with VO,P&R, Lyra, Pay Day, Rex etc.. I found they're all either better suited for Serena or just no good. This is excluding Smoke Screen which is good and can be usefull with Lance even though it too is probly better with Serena. It turns out the one card I thought at first was bad is actually pretty good and that's Night Owl. Now for the Deck.

*changed it up a bit

-Hero

Lance

-Allies (20)

x4 Nightshade
    x3 Night Owl
    x3 Jasmine
    x3 Raven
    x3 Ridders of Ellos
    x2 Braxnorian Soldier
    x2 Wymer the LionHeart

-Abilities (12)

x4 Stop, Theif!
    x3 Tresured Heirloom
    x2 A Legend Rises
    x3 Assassination

-Items (3)

x3 Ill-Gotten Gains

-Weapons (4)

x4 AnkleBreaker

-Armor (2)

x2 SpellEater Bands

41 cards + Hero

I've taken out Black Garb and added in Assassination. There's just too many threats out there and Lance needs a way to kill enemies that can't be killed and Fatties.

Next is the lack of 2cc allies?,this deck is going to be relying more on the mid-game so those low cost allies shouldn't be needed,there are 4 nightshades which can be pumped. That's kind of the design with TH and ALR you can pump up ur 2cc or 3cc allies or you can wait and pump up ur bigger ones.(depends on the situation)

On turn 3 you should generaly play Jasmine on an empty board or Night Owl on a full one. The reason for only 3 IGG is the draw from TH and NO..

Spell eater bands are good for more than just mages, being able to prevent ability damage is huge..

The Riders of Ellos work well with Lance's ability, getting two out at the same time can lead to alot of damage and problems for an opponent. if you can pump one up even better.

Brax soldier is good for dealing with portal or other new hasteable creatures.(Id say 2 @ the least for portal etc..)

Karlstrad is gone, he's just too much overkill, Wymer is a much better option..

The Deck I posted is just a loose version, there are alot of little changes you could make. Want to add Aldon take out the nightshade want more 4x allies take out the nightshade or raven or PoU or Brax, want more 2cc allies take out any of the above mentioned, want 4 black garbs or no armor take em out from more allies, or more draw or Smoke Screen or assassination. Want a 4th IGG or TH same thing.

How these little changes can effect how well you do might be the difference between a winning deck or not. This deck is based around the current DP meta.(it's drawn up from games I've watched, other decks I've seen and my own personal playing) It may not be much different than older lance decks that's becuase of what I mentioned earlier about lack of Rogue cards. That doesn't mean Lance doesnt stand a chance, the new ability cards and allies can help Lance out a great deal. Lance has always been an ally strong based hero because of his ability the new attachments for his allies can help out alot against all the old and new threats out there. I'm no deck building master obviously, I am learning though. Hopefully I've put together something somewhat decent.

My goal for this is to share what I've learned about Lance in the current meta, I've played him ever since I started back a year or so ago and he's the only Hero I've really played and wanted to play. I've played games recently against the new shadow allies thinking Lance is screwed, so I sought out what I could to make him viable again.

Hopefully someone can learn something from this or maybe I can learn something.

PoU has been taken out (he might go back in after he gets that buff I dunno..)

*ive also tried this deck without Karlstrad and with Aldon/smoke screen/Wymer - good changes if you feel Karlstrad is overkill
    Last edited by DarthRonfar; 05-29-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    AA1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not convinced that Lance is not T1.
    Will be interesting to see if other ppl agree / disagree.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Assassinate is just too useful now imo. Right now you have only attacking with BG as outs for Wulven Savage which is unreliable to say the least. You also have a lot of issues with Brax Soldier and Aeon since you actually have to beat them down. Even SW is a bitch with only 2 Ravens. Especially since you are already using stealthy allies, why not just use assassinate to save all the trouble?

Lance is probably not T1 but most people should place him solidly in T2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lance is still tier 1 my SLUGFEST proves that. no hero in my SLUGFEST has more than a 52% win rate, seriously. and lance is right at 50%

gwen, victor and jericho have the worse rate. no wins, 3 losses each for gwen and vic and 0 wins 4 losses for jericho. no one played gravebone. then comes ter adun and 4 wins and 11 losses. elementalis has 3 wins and 5 losses. everyone else is around the 50/50 mark.

that also means that everyone but gwen, victor, jericho, ter adun, elementalis (and maybe gravebone) are tier 1 heroes.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 05-14-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh yes, Lance is still up there on the top tier. Spelleater Bands and Braxnorian Soldier help Lance a lot in overcoming its weakness against spells and portals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes Wulven savage will probly screw this deck over. In that case running assassinate is probly a must... Trying to find the perfect balance with Lance now has proven quite difficult. Having a ton of trouble finding a deck suitable for every match. That's why I believe lance has fallen from the top. The new shadow allies are such a pain..

Thanks for the feedback
    AA1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Lance didn't change much with the expansion. You have a lot of DP cards in this deck but I think running a "classic" Lance deck and adding in a few DP cards would be stronger. The only DP cards i have in my Lance are 3x Lyra, 2x Champion of Irum and Layarian Seductress, and one karlstrad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree Tresured Heirloom and A Legend rises can do wonders for Lance(and they're played alot from what I see) Lyra is ok but they're are just better allies out there IMo... Brax Soldier gives lance a way to deal with Portal and other new hasted allies. PoU can help against mages and preists or fire allies. Night owl is good for draw same with TH. Ridders of Ellos work well with lances ability.

I mean they're are good allies from COTC that you still want like Jasmine and raven or Aldon and aeon it just depends I guess on preferance...

Just don't rule out these new great cards - TH, ALR, Smoke screen, Night owl( these are staples in alot of new lance decks)

Trouble comes down to blending the old and the new and whether it makes a diff.

Finally I'm not opposed to CoI I think he can be great in a lance deck for a 2cc

*I've been tweaking around with this deck alot, having a bit of trouble getting it exactly "right". Before everyone was yelling how good Ridders of Ellos were with Lance but now it's kinda changed to Wymer the Lionheart... Yaa you def need assassination probly more now than ever... I'm kinda having problems fitting them in...
    Last edited by DarthRonfar; 05-20-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    AA1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thought I'd post my list for comparison. By no means perfect, but its been treating me pretty well, except the only Zaladar match I've played so far. Lol.

1 Lance

3 Puwen
    3 Nightshade
    1 Agent Rex (testing, although lack of ambush hurts, may get replaced)
    3 Aldon
    3 Night Owl
    2 Jasmine (I may be crazy to have Jaz at 2 and Owl at 3-- adjust accordingly to taste)
    3 Tainted Oracle
    2 Raven
    2 Braxnorian Soldier
    1 Aeon
    2 Karlstrad

3 Assassination
    3 Stop Thief!
    4 Ill-Gotten Gains
    4 Anklebreaker
    1 Bad Santa
    1 A Legend Rises (may not be needed-- sort of a flex slot)

I guess the main difference is I'm using more weenies and more allies in general with bombs for the late game and (hopefully) just enough stuff to maintain control along the way, whereas you have a curve more structured around the midrange and might be slightly more controlling in general.

Doesn't Wulven Savage ever fuck you up with zero Assassinations in there?

As you can see I'm not using Riders or Wymer, although they're pretty sweet cards, maybe I could use a copy or two in there somewhere (maybe take out Legend Rises for a Wymer?) I find Tainted Oracle to be too essential to give up, especially since he and Night Owl allow me to overextend my threats a little in certain matchups. That said, Wymer and Riders are good midrange 'do dirt guys' to kill off the opposition and clear the board. I guess I could always go down to 2 Oracles, or take out the random single Bad Santa for another ally.

Any use in comparing our lists, or should I try to keep discussion of it in its own thread (which I just stated under "Lance: the Shady Guy")...?
    Last edited by DukeDemonKn1ght; 05-20-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Current Lance Build for me (Tiers are bullshit. You can take a Tier 3 hero and be a beast if you play it right, with a small amount of luck)

Lance Shadowstalker

x2 Birgitte (Mainly a tech for Ele matches to cockblock MC)
    x3 Jas
    x3 PotL
    x3 Aldon
    x3 Raven
    x4 Nightshade
    x3 Karl

x3 Assassination
    x3 ST
    x3 IGG (I know, I know. I've heard it a million times)
    x2 Smoke Screen

x4 AB
    x3 Black Garb

Still fine tuning, but I've done pretty well with this deck.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge