Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Makizushi View Post
    The closed alpha has been opening up for the backers and I recently got my own invite. For now I'm engrossed in Wakfu though (a very cool MMO), but in a few weeks I'll take a look. Reading all the updates on their site, HEX sure seems to have taken great strides. Looks like it'll be a cool game
    Let us know how you get on with it! I've heard reports that it's really buggy, but I've not got round to looking for myself, since it's Windows only.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of course it's really buggy, it's an ALPHA It's not even a beta, they're still building huge parts of the game

I'm on Mac OS X myself, but in a while I may finally break down and build a Win7 VM in Parallels for the purpose.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Of course it's really buggy, it's an ALPHA It's not even a beta, they're still building huge parts of the game
    Taking their time, aren't they? For $2M backing, I would have thought it could be further along in the development cycle by now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha But honestly, they had already been working on the game for quite a while. Still, I'm pretty pleased with the progress they're reporting.

Look at Ankama and Dofus/Wakfu. How long has that been in development/open beta before it went fully live?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Look at Ankama and Dofus/Wakfu. How long has that been in development/open beta before it went fully live?
    No idea. SE is my life. I don't do much else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    No idea. SE is my life. I don't do much else.
    Lol Gondo , always Faithful, like a good dog! jk

Hex, is well known but not really IMO, as good or addictive as SE. It is truly buggy but offers some interesting play. But any Ctg should do that. But hey , we al, play different games, so if it's cool to you HF, but I'm sticking here for now.

Oh yeah , I forgot to address the pay to play bit, if I have to give you money for a certain aspect or cards that people who pay can get, ( and this is for a pledge, as I understand it). That's like saying, I will galdly pay you next week for dinner today! I'm just not that into supporting games that's are only epic , if you pay. There's just to much out there for free ( to start at least) .

Ofc ,SE's Kickstarter is different, the games been free forever, and if you want more now, spend some money, if not grind your way there. Supporting a Kickstarter here is a different story.
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 11-21-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing the Hex alpha off and on... and yea, it's pretty buggy right now (each new wave of users over-stresses the servers, but gets settled out after a few days) - Bugs are pretty much the only reason I haven't done a video over it.

The game is "F2P PvE, P2P PvP" essentially, the pve aspect is free to play, the strict pvp is pay to play... this isn't pay to win, but rather pay to access a certain aspect. There are however alternative pvp methods that will be available for the free to play players (such as the "Wild West" format, where pve and pvp cards can be played).

I keep meaning to record a video covering Pay-to-win, Grind-to-win, Pay-to-play, Free-to-play, and the various hybrids (and which ones are healthy for a game, and which ones are toxic)