Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Which heroes are competitive in the current game?

hello to everyone! As I stated before: which heroes are competitive in the current game? the question surged at the moment I was thinking in which deck should I buy now that I reached lvl 5 with my new account (I have an old one which I started before the release of DP), but then I realized that I didn't even knew which heroes are still competitive in the current meta game. So, before wasting shadow crystals in a bad decision, I wanted you, the more experienced players, to answer some questions I have right now:
    I was thinking into buy the deck I used in my old account: the human hunter deck. But are they worth the shadow crystals? I used to like (and I think I still do) Victor as hero, but is he competitive in the current game? or is he a hero which ability is just useless in the current meta?
    And before I went into inactivity with my old account for a while, I was giving a look at the rouge deck, and I think I liked it, but again, are they worth the crystals??
    Also, if any of those ( human hunters (specially Victor) or rouges) are actually not competitive, which ones are? and why the others simply are not?
    Thanks in advance for any answer.

*Edit: And another question more: which ones of those heroes are more simple to use? as a semi-casual player, I don't want to end up buying something that need hyper-expensive cards for work barely well. And also, the deck I already have is a Eladwen deck, and I'm building it for be a rush deck (I know, it's super common, but I just wanted something cheap and semi competitive for start, and then go with a deck maybe more complicated but which thematic I love more =P).
    Last edited by Xirael; 05-11-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All heroes are competitive to a certain extent now (i.e. can break 280 on QM no problem with a good player). However, Victor is probably not in the top few so if you want to have an easier time, I would suggest another hero. Assuming you want to pick from the human hunters and rogues, Lance would probably be the most reliable option (probably cheapest too).

If cost is a big factor, considering you already have an Eladwen deck, it would be easy and cheap to create a Majiya Portal deck (which is definitely competitive and popular).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    All heroes are competitive to a certain extent now (i.e. can break 280 on QM no problem with a good player). However, Victor is probably not in the top few so if you want to have an easier time, I would suggest another hero. Assuming you want to pick from the human hunters and rogues, Lance would probably be the most reliable option (probably cheapest too).

If cost is a big factor, considering you already have an Eladwen deck, it would be easy and cheap to create a Majiya Portal deck (which is definitely competitive and popular).
    Well, actually, yeah, cost is a important factor for me =P, but not as important as enjoying the deck I'm using. Despite mages are somewhat cool, I just don't feel them as my playing style you'll see. I started with the mage deck cause I read that a rush deck was relatively cheap, easy to use, and fairly competitive, which is what I like when starting a game, but deep inside me, I just don't feel them as my type of heroes. I'm not saying they are not great, cause they are, but I just personally don't "fell in love" with their thematic, for say it somehow, that's why I don't want to buy a shadow mage deck =P.
    And another races that powerfully called my attention (aside of hunters and rogues) where the elementals and wulven (more the elementals than the wulven. I don't like much warriors or mages =P, and the priests... I'm neutral about them, I just don't have a former opinion XD). Taking that into consideration (that my top 4 favorite races are hunters, rouges, elementals and wulven, with rouges and elementals tied in preference XD), what hero would you recommend me?
    And thanks, that's very useful... But now I feel bad knowing that the hero I like (Victor) is just not too useful in the current game XD =P.
    Last edited by Xirael; 05-11-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good hero guides (even though they were written before the expansion)

http://www.a1-alliance.org/A1/?page=...e=ProjectOmega

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zaladar is probably the strongest and most consistent choice for you. Preybird's deck would be a good start: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....stal-Miner-3-0

However, because it is a hero from a different faction, if you do not have the allies, it might be quite expensive to build. In the case that you would rather stick with humans, Lance is also a good option (especially if you already have a few of the expensive human allies like Aldon and Jasmine). There doesn't seem to be a Lance deck on the forums that I would comfortably recommend but in general, start with 4x Stop, thief!, 4x Assassination, 4x Ill-Gotten Gains, 4x Anklebreaker, 4X 2CC ally, 9-10X 3CC allies, 6+ 5/6 CC allies and work from there. "KA walker2012" is a pretty good player that seems to play exclusively Lance so you can check out his games if you like.
    Last edited by pyrogene; 05-11-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Zaladar is probably the strongest and most consistent choice for you. Preybird's deck would be a good start: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....stal-Miner-3-0

However, because it is a hero from a different faction, if you do not have the allies, it might be quite expensive to build. In the case that you would rather stick with humans, Lance is also a good option (especially if you already have a few of the expensive human allies like Aldon and Jasmine). There doesn't seem to be a Lance deck on the forums that I would comfortably recommend but in general, start with 4x Stop, thief!, 4x Assassination, 4x Ill-Gotten Gains, 4x Anklebreaker, 4X 2CC ally, 9-10X 3CC allies, 6+ 5/6 CC allies and work from there. "KA walker2012" is a pretty good player that seems to play exclusively Lance so you can check out his games if you like.
    well, you're right on that one, I already bought 2 Aldon and one puwen, so monetary speaking, it would be cheaper to stay with humans... But I don't know, an elemental deck would be awesome too, and you told me that he is the strongest and more conssistent choice... one more question for make my decision then: speaking in the long term, which of both is better/stronger ( in terms of how much competitive and easier to use, forget about price) in your opinion? zaladar or Lance? So sorry for keep making you questions by the way, I promise this is the last one =P XD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The skill cap for Lance is much lower.