Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Given the overall inexpensive nature if Shadow Era to play, even at a highly competitive level, I have no problem with them "up-selling" what even seem to be basic features for small and reasonable fee. I've been playing this game for over two years now, and so one deck at a time is second nature to me. A few bucks to have multiple decks per hero seems quite reasonable.

Keep in mind, Shadow Era isn't losing players because they can only save one deck at a time, so using finite resources to code and implement a feature like that for free is probably not strategically sound. The company needs a continued revenue stream to continue development (on all levels and fronts) and this, like digital sleeves, foils, physical card preorders, and so on are ways to keep that revenue stream flowing. I'm not sure what Wulven's budget looks like, but I'm sure the money isn't there to make relatively minor improvements (especially ones that generate no direct income) to a game whose core is still quite attractive to the vast majority of people playing it.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a reasonable price I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Given the overall inexpensive nature if Shadow Era to play, even at a highly competitive level, I have no problem with them "up-selling" what even seem to be basic features for small and reasonable fee. I've been playing this game for over two years now, and so one deck at a time is second nature to me. A few bucks to have multiple decks per hero seems quite reasonable.

Keep in mind, Shadow Era isn't losing players because they can only save one deck at a time, so using finite resources to code and implement a feature like that for free is probably not strategically sound. The company needs a continued revenue stream to continue development (on all levels and fronts) and this, like digital sleeves, foils, physical card preorders, and so on are ways to keep that revenue stream flowing. I'm not sure what Wulven's budget looks like, but I'm sure the money isn't there to make relatively minor improvements (especially ones that generate no direct income) to a game whose core is still quite attractive to the vast majority of people playing it.
    Agree. We can't go whining about everything guys

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I allready gave my criticism so lets also give credit where credit is due.

I have to agree that the prices on Shadow era are very fair. Reading this threat I took the time to compare it with a few other online CCGs and I have to say the prices are much much fairer than your MTG-online or Duel of Champions.

I also think that Shadow Era is one of the most balanced online CCGs out there. Of course that is just my personal oppinion but still, there is definately a lot of love and thought going into the card design here.

Just so we don't lose sight of all the positive things ammong all the bickering

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Badyuyu View Post
    Just so we don't lose sight of all the positive things ammong all the bickering
    Yeah that's what I did when I posted on impulse. Gotta stop doing that, made me feel like an idiot after I thought about it the 5 seconds after I posted. xD

I think it came about because I expected it to be free, without considering that it might not be. Like TrippleH's reasoning, I figured it would be free because of that. So I was a bit disappointed at that moment and my post reflected that. So when I got the time to reflect on it, I posted what you see there now.

Still, I'm really glad to hear there will be more than 2 slots as well. I can finally get my brain a tumbling. I'm happy this feature is coming, even if its for a price. At least more $ should = more $ for more features.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It took 5+ threads and every user ever, but changes are coming at last.

DEMOCRACY
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    Nothing escapes The Eye of Sauron... I mean the Eye of Demnchi.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Regarding the Deck Slots. I don't mind charging extra for it, but I would rather see you get 20 slots standard (which is what you get now) that can be filled or overwritten as desired so you could have 4 of this, 3 of that, and if you didn't want to run a class or faction you could focus on what you wanted. Then if you wanted to be a power user and save multiples of each hero, then you pay xx Sc/extra slot. This would be more friendly to new players who could try many different flavors of decks but allow them their deck collections to grow with the game as well.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sooo...the new update is on the way...but let me guess: we are waiting for apple, AGAIN?
    Last edited by meeklosh; 05-10-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Knight of the Dragon Order
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix (click)
    Greatness, Reborn

My current achievements:Achievements
    PFG3 Member

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
    https://twitter.com/meeeklosh
    https://www.twitch.tv/meeklosh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milosradojevicvp/videos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So... We bitch about not having the slots
    then... We bitch about paying 25 whooping SC for the slot?

I suggest buying a deck of blue Bicycle cards and playing solitaire, it does not get any cheaper. Or win one of MANY events. Or pay $5 for 20 slots. Or play for a while and level up once. Or....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont mind paying for slots. i dont mind paying a bit more for each above the last. (i mean really, how many of us have THAT many builds per hero.) although i could go broke getting enough slots for Ter Adun

the Auction House needs to be a priority. with the push back of physical card shipment, again. and the conventions coming up. we know a the digital game will be on hold like last year. we need a FEW things to keep us occupied. adding in those Epic avatars and the New Playmats would be great. maybe a few gift cards that are playable????
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory