Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

How to use the new Calendar feature for your event

Everybody wants to play in a Shadow Era tournament, but not everybody wants to go through the forums to find them. I have heard the lamentations of the masses:

Why doesn't Wulven introduce a new feature that allows players to see all upcoming tournaments and other events in one easy-to-use Calendar feature? When will Orange Hat Guy come and save us with his grace and wisdom? Why does this quote seem fabricated?
    The Calendar is here to end the weeping and gnashing of teeth. With this one simple website feature you can place your event on display for the entire world to see, and attend! This thread will serve as a quick-start guide to using the Calendar's basic functions to advertise your very own Shadow Era event.

1. Make sure you are viewing the Event Calendar, and not the default Calendar. The default calendar shows website events, Major events, and user birthdays. Only the event calendar shows normal events.

event calendar.png
    I wish I was default

2. Click the "Add New Event" button.

add new event.png
    Go ahead, click me.

3. Fill in all the fields. Double check that all the information you provide is correct, and describe your event in detail.

event description.png
    Did I make the event because of this post, or this post because of the event? The world may never know.

4. Click "Save Event" and you're done! Once your event is approved it will be posted for anybody to see and your attendance will skyrocket! As always feel free to reply with any questions, and have fun with your events!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Amazing! Great job

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not much time to play QM nor tourney atm, but that sounds great, .
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome OHG!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Hat Guy View Post
    Everybody wants to play in a Shadow Era tournament, but not everybody wants to go through the forums to find them. I have heard the lamentations of the masses:

The Calendar is here to end the weeping and gnashing of teeth. With this one simple website feature you can place your event on display for the entire world to see, and attend! This thread will serve as a quick-start guide to using the Calendar's basic functions to advertise your very own Shadow Era event.

1. Make sure you are viewing the Event Calendar, and not the default Calendar. The default calendar shows website events, Major events, and user birthdays. Only the event calendar shows normal events.

event calendar.png
    I wish I was default

2. Click the "Add New Event" button.

add new event.png
    Go ahead, click me.

3. Fill in all the fields. Double check that all the information you provide is correct, and describe your event in detail.

event description.png
    Did I make the event because of this post, or this post because of the event? The world may never know.

4. Click "Save Event" and you're done! Once your event is approved it will be posted for anybody to see and your attendance will skyrocket! As always feel free to reply with any questions, and have fun with your events!
    Is there a calendar that can be set for reminders for players eyes only? Becuase I want to be able to just set my calendar in the forums of set matches that were scheduled
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Is there a calendar that can be set for reminders for players eyes only? Becuase I want to be able to just set my calendar in the forums of set matches that were scheduled
    The Calendar is optimized for physical events, so no such feature exists. I'll start looking into the possibility of adding that in the future..