Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tempo Elementalis Deck

Greetings all, here is my first attempt at an Elementalis deck. Kindly offer some constructive criticism if able.

Elementalis (modified to correct hero name)
    Allies (20):
    2 x Twisted Familiar
    4 x Ironhide Karash
    4 x Infernal Gargoyle
    3 x Deathmage Thaddeus
    2 x Plasma Behemoth
    3 x Shadow Knight
    2 x Kairos Doombringer

Abilities (19):
    3 x Shriek of Vengeance
    3 x Bloodthirsty
    4 x Here Be Monsters
    4 x Mind Control
    2 x Leyline Nexus
    2 x Energy Discharge
    1 x Infinity Core

Basically the idea is to play gradually play increasingly powerful allies till they run out of solutions. An early board control is needed as Elementalis (unlike Zaladar), requires active ally presence in the play field. Note that buffing multiple allies would be preferable as a single disable would not completely negate all the efforts made.

Early Game:
    Ironhide Karash is one of the newer staples as it combines both offense and defensive traits for early game. As most 2-drops still do 2 damage, it allows survivability even if going second. One thing to note that unlike most Shadow two drops, it still has a 2 ATK which means that an opponent playing a 3rd turn Jasmin might probably meet a Elementalis empowered IK + 1 additional damage (see below). Familiar is to increase the chance of a second drop play and could take on a Pulwen if sufficiently boosted. It also has the ability to renew resources for a turn 3~4 HBM allowing a 2cc or 3cc ally to come in play.

DMT and IG make its appearance yet again as 3ccs as one is tough to kill and the other's a 3cc ally/stealth killer.

Plasma Behemoth (PB)/Kairos act as end gamers against stealth and weapon decks (respectively) and recurrable with Shadow Knight (which as a tech by itself).

Bloodthirsty act as a draw mechanism for enemies that plays allies and enables it to combo with a boosted IK for 4 damage (Die Jasmine!). Note that DMT can serve a similar purpose. Most times it is a cantrip but putting it on a creature and using Elementalis boost on another means they have two creatures to handle. It could also synergize with both DMT and PB as they have abilities which allows them to kill independently from their attacks (though i have yet to verify).

The deck can stall early game to pile up the damage through usage of HBM. As a cantrip, it also acts as a pseudo draw as consecutive plays of HBM means that a resource card is skipped for that turn. The onus is on the enemy to play a resource unless they wish to get behind resources. This works especially well for late game decks as it allows you to pile on the damage with your boosted allies. There is also synergy with SoV and HBM (albeit also if the resource destroyed is a ally, then also with SK and Infinity Core). Leyline can deal with the more problematic higher cost equipment.

Mind Control acts as a single target removal (and DPS to boot) while Energy Discharge against all opposing allies as well as destroying your own crippled allies. I guess ED is exchangeable for Sacrificial Lamb if you have no issues against rush and/or need no additional removal.

Infinity Core is my silver bullet in the deck and works to cull off my graveyard for SK to activate (or bring back SK if they are all in the graveyard somehow). It is also a heal though most times you want to use it end game. If you receive it early game and have no other good cards to sac, just resource it and act as if you do not have it.
    Last edited by kelemvelor; 05-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Missing shadow fonts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic View Post
    Missing shadow fonts
    ^Don't listen to this guy. No offense but that's a really bad suggestion...

You have too few draw and you will easily be on top deck mode. You need atleast 6 draw spells so you don't get empty hand.

You also need to deal against enemy attachements like Crippling Blow and Captured Prey as it will totally shut down your buffed allies so I suggest Morphic Armor (stealing Blood Frenzy is hilarious) and Super Focus. Sac Lamb and/or Synchronicity works fine too for your crippled allies.

Unlike Zal, Ele doesn't have that many things to contro the board if you trip over so i suggest you using Darkwood Wraith.

And last but not least, Wulven Savage is your best friend!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    ^Don't listen to this guy. No offense but that's a really bad suggestion...
    I think he was confused because the OP had Zaladar right above his deck list.

Anyway, to add on to FF's advice, remove the HBM. Elementalis can't really afford to spend a turn to play that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well u need more draw cardstry putting bad santas n sac lamb reduce shriek to 2 and you after that just play test to see how it works maybe also add morphic armor that thing can be so usefull
    A1: EVOLUTION IN THEORY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    I think he was confused because the OP had Zaladar right above his deck list.
    If that's the case, I will keep quiet

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Opps apologies on the hero name. Already altered it.

Yeah I found out that HBM is sac most times as I have large allies which I would want to place in field. Only exception is probably against priests...

Still debating on Sacrifical Lamb versus Morphic Armor. Most of the times I would want to use Morphic Armor to preserve my creature but I guess Sac Lamb is good for cycling through my deck...

Elementals really need a good draw engine...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kelemvelor View Post
    Opps apologies on the hero name. Already altered it.

Yeah I found out that HBM is sac most times as I have large allies which I would want to place in field. Only exception is probably against priests...

Still debating on Sacrifical Lamb versus Morphic Armor. Most of the times I would want to use Morphic Armor to preserve my creature but I guess Sac Lamb is good for cycling through my deck...

Elementals really need a good draw engine...
    Use both!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Smile

Or replace sac lamb with bad Santa elemintes needs to maintain board control at all times which is why energy blast is also so important