Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldon the Brave

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kirothak View Post
    just noticed that haveing 2 in play gives other allies +2 attack which makes sense but I thought shadow era was going by "The same cards dont stack" so not sure if this is intended or not...
    I looked around the site and couldn't find it again, where Kyle commented on stacking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he said that cards like Engulfing Flames, Extra Sharp, and Poison Gas wouldn't stack but abilities on allies would stack because you can have two brave guys named Aldon fighting for you; you can't be more on fire. =P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Update: I am now of the opinion that Aldon the Brave is the best ally in the game. Probably needs a nerf somewhere.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @dubmdell Kyle has mentioned that a few times regarding stacking but I believe he was just referring to cards that get attached. So currently, yes, you are not able to stack Engulfing Flames, Extra Sharp, or Poison Gas, because they are all cards that attach to another card.

I admit, like everyone else here one of my favourite allies is Aldon. However, I think as a 3 resource ally, it's probably fine staying as-is. I think what needs to be done instead is to empower and make the other allies become more attractive for players to deck. Jasmine Rosecult, I'm looking at you! And for once, not in that way too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In v1.21 everyone's favorite ally has been made Unique, meaning only one can be in play at a time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That helps some, but he is STILL pretty ridiculous. Guess I should wait and see...
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    In v1.21 everyone's favorite ally has been made Unique, meaning only one can be in play at a time.
    wow, I don't play a human deck, but that nerf seems REALLY heavy. I think I'd rather see casting cost go up and power and defense go down before you start dictating how many cards can be on field. To me that starts to cut into potential deck strategies and overall game rules.

Just my reaction, like I said, I don't even play with Aldon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't use my Eladwen deck much anymore but I gotta say, the nerf for Aldon in v1.21 is a bit extreme. I hope other popular cards aren't met by the same backlash. I'll just keep it at that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow that nerf is huge and without any warning :S A whole deck strategy goes down the drain. Can we at least sell them back at the merchant for full price?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play a Human Priest deck so of course I chose to add 4 of Aldon the brave into my deck. Now I still keep three of them.

If we consider not only a card himself but his role in a deck, I am afraid everyone would agree that is is indeed a extreme nerf to Human. I don't know if the devs have decent statistics to back up this decision but I personally hope this is just a start to balance the gameplay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with most of you that these change seems quite hard.

probably there was a lot of whining because there where a lot of human mage/warrior rush decks out there, that kicked a lot of asses, like mine . But saw it as a challenge and find a way do deal with it (without going for rush deck too ).

I mean still how he was, he was to strong but i think now he is to weak.

Because now once you have one outside you also loose the ability to play another ally, so you ether scarify him or keep in in your hand till the one in play gets destroyed.
    both ways he is dead weight in your deck.

Edit:
    - also the humans now lose there ability to buff a lot of allies, i mean shadow has Bloodlust for 3 (yes not ongoing, but goes in the same way)
    - i dint find him not too strong cause there are some cards you can use against him: My favorite Rabid Bite

so my suggestions:

1. your are able to play more of them but the effect don't stack, so you can still use him as an ally to attack and when 1 gets killed you still have another how give you the effect. (this would also be great for item abilities too)

2. the effect still stack, but some changes in cost, attack and defense (you cant real fight with this flag in your hand that would make him a bit less strong. (for example down to 2 health so you can more easily kill him with dd or probably than he is to weak...? ah! its not so easy)

my favorite is the 2nd even if i dot play him.

but for now i am curious to see him in action and figure out if my thinking is right, because for now its just dry theory

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos Theoharis View Post
    Wow that nerf is huge and without any warning :S A whole deck strategy goes down the drain. Can we at least sell them back at the merchant for full price?
    the game is still beta so cards can change!

so we all dont know how the cards will be in the end. so selling them each time there is a change........ hm... doesn't make so much sense for me.
    Last edited by hundesbau; 02-12-2011 at 03:44 PM.