Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Aldon the Brave

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    72
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    card is too good. switch this card with shards of power. give shadow ally an Aldon identical-then we're even!

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    What is the significance of the card being 'unique'? Only one in play at a time or only one in a deck?

    Never mind, just found it on page 2 of this thread.....

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    This card is too good when compared to War Banner, both cost 3 but Aldon itself is an ally and it has good stats too!

    Raise cost to be 4 or have health be 3.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vola21 View Post
    This card is too good when compared to War Banner, both cost 3 but Aldon itself is an ally and it has good stats too!

    Raise cost to be 4 or have health be 3.
    The difference is that war banner works when you are defending.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,207
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    2
    For you shadow players, don't forget that, as of 1.25, Medusil has a better stat line than Aldon for the same cost, plus a nice ability to boot. The allies are definitely different but they're by no means completely imbalanced. The fact that shadow decks remain solid against humans is evidence of this.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

  6. #46
    Senior Member Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    578
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    For you shadow players, don't forget that, as of 1.25, Medusil has a better stat line than Aldon for the same cost, plus a nice ability to boot. The allies are definitely different but they're by no means completely imbalanced. The fact that shadow decks remain solid against humans is evidence of this.
    Humans have Jasmine, though. Same stats as Medusil. Just team her up with Aldon to make short work of it. Heck, you can even pair Aldon with Blake to eat Medusil. Better stats doesn't always make for a better ally, or even equally good. Sandra and Belladonna in previous versions can be seen as proof of this (even if the difference in stat total was small, but such is the case here as well).

    Aldon's power also greatly increases in value for each ally you have in play and helps your offense by tons, while Medusil always ever stays the same.

    That said, I don't find the Human ally base to be too powerful against a Shadow deck. I don't find that the reason lies in the Shadow ally base, however.
    Last edited by Ice; 04-28-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

    Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,207
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Humans have Jasmine, though. Same stats as Medusil. Just team her up with Aldon to make short work of it. Heck, you can even pair Aldon with Blake to eat Medusil. Better stats doesn't always make for a better ally, or even equally good. Sandra and Belladonna in previous versions can be seen as proof of this (even if the difference in stat total was small, but such is the case here as well).

    Aldon's power also greatly increases in value for each ally you have in play and helps your offense by tons, while Medusil always ever stays the same.

    That said, I don't find the Human ally base to be too powerful against a Shadow deck. I don't find that the reason lies in the Shadow ally base, however.
    I'm aware of Jasmine and Aldon, as well as Medusil and Gargoyle (humans have to attach a card for his effect) and Behemoth (who's just freaking awesome!) I think the major comparison is that humans have Aldon while Shadow has Bloodlust. But, while human allies tend to have higher attack values, this is slightly compensated by Shadow's *generally* higher defense values. Although cards like Chimera and Keldor have strong attack values as well.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

  8. #48
    Senior Member Fines7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    230
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NagaRoyalGuard View Post
    Deffinitely too powerful for a 3 card, 4 at least in my opinion.
    Not To Powerful When You Can Only Have One On The Field At A Time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •