Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aldon the Brave

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    card is too good. switch this card with shards of power. give shadow ally an Aldon identical-then we're even!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is the significance of the card being 'unique'? Only one in play at a time or only one in a deck?

Never mind, just found it on page 2 of this thread.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This card is too good when compared to War Banner, both cost 3 but Aldon itself is an ally and it has good stats too!

Raise cost to be 4 or have health be 3.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vola21 View Post
    This card is too good when compared to War Banner, both cost 3 but Aldon itself is an ally and it has good stats too!

Raise cost to be 4 or have health be 3.
    The difference is that war banner works when you are defending.

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    For you shadow players, don't forget that, as of 1.25, Medusil has a better stat line than Aldon for the same cost, plus a nice ability to boot. The allies are definitely different but they're by no means completely imbalanced. The fact that shadow decks remain solid against humans is evidence of this.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    For you shadow players, don't forget that, as of 1.25, Medusil has a better stat line than Aldon for the same cost, plus a nice ability to boot. The allies are definitely different but they're by no means completely imbalanced. The fact that shadow decks remain solid against humans is evidence of this.
    Humans have Jasmine, though. Same stats as Medusil. Just team her up with Aldon to make short work of it. Heck, you can even pair Aldon with Blake to eat Medusil. Better stats doesn't always make for a better ally, or even equally good. Sandra and Belladonna in previous versions can be seen as proof of this (even if the difference in stat total was small, but such is the case here as well).

Aldon's power also greatly increases in value for each ally you have in play and helps your offense by tons, while Medusil always ever stays the same.

That said, I don't find the Human ally base to be too powerful against a Shadow deck. I don't find that the reason lies in the Shadow ally base, however.
    Last edited by Ice; 04-28-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Humans have Jasmine, though. Same stats as Medusil. Just team her up with Aldon to make short work of it. Heck, you can even pair Aldon with Blake to eat Medusil. Better stats doesn't always make for a better ally, or even equally good. Sandra and Belladonna in previous versions can be seen as proof of this (even if the difference in stat total was small, but such is the case here as well).

Aldon's power also greatly increases in value for each ally you have in play and helps your offense by tons, while Medusil always ever stays the same.

That said, I don't find the Human ally base to be too powerful against a Shadow deck. I don't find that the reason lies in the Shadow ally base, however.
    I'm aware of Jasmine and Aldon, as well as Medusil and Gargoyle (humans have to attach a card for his effect) and Behemoth (who's just freaking awesome!) I think the major comparison is that humans have Aldon while Shadow has Bloodlust. But, while human allies tend to have higher attack values, this is slightly compensated by Shadow's *generally* higher defense values. Although cards like Chimera and Keldor have strong attack values as well.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NagaRoyalGuard View Post
    Deffinitely too powerful for a 3 card, 4 at least in my opinion.
    Not To Powerful When You Can Only Have One On The Field At A Time.