Close

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer for leveling?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1000 Gold

6 42.86%
  • 25 Shadow Crystals

8 57.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    2455 is only if you sell every single card. For a new player, this might not be the case. I think 1000 sounds reasonable. The current 25 sc is kinda really little anyway.

Although the only issue is now you have things that are only obtainable by SC (sleeves, foils, arguably legendaries) so if you change the level payout to gold only, then it becomes impossible to get them without paying. Not sure if that's the direction Wulven wants to go.
    Well, a system like this shouldn't go live before card market anyway.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not? The auction house will only be used for foils anyway, so it would kind of make sense to do this first.

As for Pyrogene's input: Sleeves and foils are not necessary to play, so making them exclusive to paying customers is actually a smart move on Wulven's part. As for legendaries, they'll be more easily obtainable on the auction if people made gold faster than 20/match.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cyrus
    Y u so stupid
    I think from lvls 1-15 should be SC.
    After that, it starts with 1000 G and goes up in 100 increments (1100,1200,1300) .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    Nothing escapes The Eye of Sauron... I mean the Eye of Demnchi.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bah there is no "other" option.

I'm all for better level up rewards, although, not for the same reasons as you've mentioned (getting a SC transfer tool). More because more consistent progression for just playing is a good way to keep interest. As it stands, losing QM's doesn't net you any gold, just xp. If the level rewards were much more meaningful, then players would be more motivated to stick around after a losing streak because they know they are making progress.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oops, shoulda clarified.

I didn't make this topic to justify an SC transfer tool, that discussion just got me thinking, which then led to this. I honestly don't mind going through support to transfer.
    Acolytes of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What demchi said, basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    Nothing escapes The Eye of Sauron... I mean the Eye of Demnchi.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    mmm i disagree with the op. The free offers generate revenue for Wulven, so they wouldnt get rid of those. Unless you'd like them to put ads in game??

And SC should be the reward after gaining a level, otherwise, they only way to get it would essentially be to pay for it. I don't think thats really fair imo. However, I do think the amount of SC received should be increased the higher your level gets, (with an eventual cap of course)

If wulven had a way of differentiating which SCs were paid for and which werent, then I dont see why a transfer tool would be a problem..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lolwut?

It's not fair that the only way to get the PAID currency would be to PAY for it? I don't quite follow.

Again, to reiterate, I DON'T GIVE A FLAMING PIGSHIT about a transfer tool. Read before you reply.
    Acolytes of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see several points must be taken into consideration:
    -To buy that starter deck's card from the merchant you need 4910 gold, not 4000. So it would be reasonable to get 1250 gold per level
    -When the auction system goes live, we may have VERY different prices for the cards
    -A system where only paying players get paid currency would be just fair. They allow all free players (like me) to enjoy this game without having to spend anything.
    -Exp gain by playing QM should be emphasized, so that players don't feel encouraged to do long AI sessions just to level up. A good idea could be increasing the exp gain from QM by the same rate exp required to level up increases.
    -SC transfer tool would really help paying players who like to have different heroes with separate ratings. A better solution would be to allow rating and statistics to be separated by hero, and use rating according to hero to pair the matches. An overall rating for the player would be interesting to have, so that players are encouraged to do well with many heroes to get a higher rank position (as player).
    -OT, but we REALLY need multiple saving slots per hero.
    Last edited by alfa666; 05-10-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The Card Fox View Post
    What demchi said, basically.
    I wish I had enough SC or gold to wryly about this! But as it is I was transferred a lot though support its seemed to work fine, being on the receiving end I had no complaints. And reall all I wanted to say was.

YOUR STUPID Cyrus!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread