Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

When and where is it okay for me to create a new topic in the forums?

Apparently, one of my fellow players was butt-hurt that I posted a new topic in Game Discussion, and one of the Moderators declared that my post should have been made as an off-topic response to another recent post by a prolifically-posting champion.

I don't see any rationale behind any of this, and would like to know where it is written that players like me cannot start a thread to make ourselves heard.

Who was harmed? How? Where are the policies that we should follow? What are they? Why do/don't they exist?
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A lot of people want the forums to be less cluttered, at least the non-general chat sections. When you and three other people essentially post the same topic all within 24 hours, those people get upset. And your post would not have been off topic if posted in iClipse's thread. As for who was harmed, no one. Your thread wasn't even locked, so you can't say that you were hurt. The policies, common sense. If the thread already exists, don't recreate it, just make your point in an appropriate area and move on.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    A lot of people want the forums to be less cluttered, at least the non-general chat sections. When you and three other people essentially post the same topic all within 24 hours, those people get upset. And your post would not have been off topic if posted in iClipse's thread. As for who was harmed, no one. Your thread wasn't even locked, so you can't say that you were hurt. The policies, common sense. If the thread already exists, don't recreate it, just make your point in an appropriate area and move on.
    Pretty much this, its not that you did anything wrong its that it clutters up the forum when it wasn't necessary. As Warr Byrd pointed out, you could have easily posted that same post in iClipse's thread. I would also like to point out that you haven't gotten in trouble or anything like that, I haven't issued you a warning or infraction because you haven't done anything wrong. Its just that we need to maintain the state of the forums where the discussion is easy to follow for everyone. If its split between 4+ threads, a lot will be missed and even repeated and will just take more time to go through. I hope you understand and I'm sorry for the trouble my comments have caused you.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you both for your response.

There are now fourteen pages of posts in iClipse's thread. I think it would be difficult to declare what ISN'T represented therein. However, my reading of the first page yields the following as its precis:

Slow progress in the development of Shadow Era compares unfavorably to that in Ubisoft's M&M: DoC.
    Physical cards dilute efforts and slow the development of Shadow Era.
    Wulven over-commits, misses deadlines, and makes false promises, for example:
    a) 1st pre-order bonuses
    b) Foil effect
    c) Player-to-Player Auction

There is a general lack of communication between Wulven and their players.
    The game now lacks expected features
    The forum is no longer interesting

While this is quite a laundry list, and I would not have any qualms about chiming-in to support some of these assertions, none of the above was the purpose or point of my post.

While at times Wulven and the Design Team are apparent on these forums, they have frequently failed to read or at least respond to many posts. I have seen easily-implemented improvements suggested and then not carried out, even when someone on the team said they would do it. I do not want my suggestion to disappear.

Unless the entire concept of poor communication now belongs to iClipse, I don't see any reason to put my post in his thread. To me, this is just as straightforward a choice as whether or not to necro one of the old threads: I want these core ideas to stand alone.

1. Card descriptions should be kept current.
    2. A single list should contain all current cards.
    3. Previous versions should still be listed, somewhere.
    4. Card art should be linked to DP cards' names now, while the set is still open to change.

I don't see any reason not to create a new thread to make these points.

I see reasons that look quite valid as to why one should not bury them in a different thread.

Is there a good reason that I am perhaps missing, that would cause future posters to combine topics as you suggested? Do you guys want more activity on the forums, as iClipse apparently does, or would you prefer less 'clutter'? Where are the other three threads that share the same topic as mine?

I remain sincere in my statements and questions

-a player
    Last edited by a player; 05-08-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    iClipse's thread talked about what Wulven was doing as a whole in an attempt to better the company with feedback and suggestions. What you are asking for is a suggestion and, while I agree its a bit different, I don't think a new thread was necessary. However, I also don't view it as a problem. The problem comes when many people create new threads on a similar topic. I know you were kind of "called out" but it was done to put a stop to it spreading further, rather than put a stop to your thread specifically.

Beyond that, it may have been more beneficial for you to post it in iClipse's thread anyways as its already got the attention from Kyle himself and would have been read when he goes over it again (which I'm sure he's going to, its to hot a topic right now). Not saying he won't look at it, but just making another observation.

EDIT: Also as stated later in iClipse's thread, the Design Team doesn't really have as much to add or say about some of these things. Its not really their department. While I'm sure they can pass it on, you can't always expect a response when they can't do much about it.

Like I said though, there was nothing wrong with you creating a new thread exactly, its that if I didn't put a stop to it now, I would come back to the forums with even more threads about the same thing. I took the chance to speak up about that and I'm sorry you were the one in the cross fire, so to speak.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 05-08-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After reading this thread I regret that thread. It seems to have caused confusion with some people. Can the mods please take it down...I know it is closed but still...
    Last edited by Sea1111; 05-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Proud member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!

Sea1111

^^The Shadow Crystal's Energy was taken,
    Eladwen froze the enemy's Ally,
    Majiya froze as her Fire Snake dies,
    Blake Windrunner strikes the final blow, upon the enemy,
    And Majiya was no more.^
    ^

--Random Thing that I Thought Of--

My theme song, cause Gondorian forced me to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog