Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirits View Post
    +1
    when morphic armor came out, it was better (a surprise to most). slowly people learned how to deal with it. and the problem with it is that it backfires.
    for example if u get interference instead of shadow font... u can manage. but if morphic armor fails to get the win.. you lose big time

So sever ties is now much more reliable. Maybe when people forget morphic armor, it will reemerge
    honestly ... i dont agree that it have disadvantages like this..my only problem is that with zaladar i dont need to waste the shadow energy but its much better with elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Simply put, consistency. DR was great for mages because you could steal their burn, but with Shadowvein swinging it speeds your ability use up drastically, so its much the same as you can burn face rapidly with your ability. DR loses a lot of shine vs other heroes and means that you are limited with your deck choices in some ways, Shadowvein doesn't give you that issue.

In addition its tougher and with it out there is very little that's going to trouble Zal board control wise.
    mmmmmm.... yeah you are right thx for the help .. i was just thinking about buying DR for my zaladar but i will make it shadowvein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have, but they're not tough enough to solidify a foothold vs mages/human rush going first. Zal needs an ally on the board when his ability is ready in most cases.

Believe me this deck is plenty aggro without them.

Incidentally I'm using this with the following tweaks now:

-2 Brutalis
    -3 Darkwood Wraith

+1 Ironhide Karash
    +3 Furrion Terror
    +1 Soul Reaper
    lollll when i read your first post i found that darkwood wraith is very good and i bought it ...its acctually very useful for me ..i would take only 1 brutalis out and 1 darkwood wraith out and add 2 furrions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The Card Fox View Post
    This one seems like it'll allow Darkclaw an easier anal rape of my Zal. Why no WoTF/Dome?
    Also, I never did think of Wraith, thanks for that perspective.
    i 100% disagree... its really good vs darkclaw decks .. darkwood wraith let you take back captured allies and morphic armor will screw attachments

and shriek takes off weapon of wulven and gargoyle wont suffer from the evil ascedent which is common in darkclaw decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    lollll when i read your first post i found that darkwood wraith is very good and i bought it ...its acctually very useful for me ..i would take only 1 brutalis out and 1 darkwood wraith out and add 2 furrions
    Don't get me wrong, Wraith is awesome. I am currently running Furrion because I felt like going more aggressive (and there's a lot of Karash about). I may switch back because I really like Wraith's utility.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't get me wrong, Wraith is awesome. I am currently running Furrion because I felt like going more aggressive (and there's a lot of Karash about). I may switch back because I really like Wraith's utility.
    Something people might not know about is that just like return, wraith returns any allies to their owner's hand, meaning that if you use DR and give the opponent a 2-3 cc ally, they play it, and then you wraith it, it wont go back to their hand, but yours (since you are the owner). This can catch people off guard, and is a really huge board/card swing. Since more than a third of the deck is 2-3 cc allies you can expect this to happen relatively often! That's just one more reason why I personally run DR Zaladar.

BTW, I learned this from one of Alzorath's videos.
    IGN: charliemeng - in the account creation i thought this was for my username, lol

I'm A Super Freak!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've brought this bad boy back out to play, and gone back to Darkwood Wraith. You forget how good he is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about super focus? I really like it and is good i think.

-Disables disable effects. (freeze for example, you cant disable that disable effect with morphic armor)
    -A threat for opposing players. Lets think that you got a disabled gargoyle and a ironhide on the board and have super focus attached. In this situation its like gargoyle and karash are substitue of each other. For opposing player: Kill karash, gargoyle is up with 4 attack. Kill gargoyle, use some more damage to kill it and have a karash that has 4 attack.
    -Definitely awesome with DMT. He can attack up to 2 different targets with 2 different attack type and with 2 attack point.
    -I almost always got a 1-2 ally on board when playing with zaladar.
    -Synergy with darkwood and sac lamb.
    -Nice art, name and ability which makes it cool looking. (Psychology effect)
    Last edited by Sesostris; 12-29-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesostris View Post
    What about super focus? I really like it and is good i think.

-Disables disable effects. (freeze for example, you cant disable that disable effect with morphic armor)
    -A threat for opposing players. Lets think that you got a disabled gargoyle and a ironhide on the board and have super focus attached. In this situation its like gargoyle and karash are substitue of each other. For opposing player: Kill karash, gargoyle is up with 4 attack. Kill gargoyle, use some more damage to kill it and have a karash that has 4 attack.
    -Definitely awesome with DMT. He can attack up to 2 different targets with 2 different attack type and with 2 attack point.
    -I almost always got a 1-2 ally on board when playing with zaladar.
    -Synergy with darkwood and sac lamb.
    -Nice art, name and ability which makes it cool looking. (Psychology effect)
    Super Focus isn't included for a number of reasons:

1: I have Morphic Armor and Darkwood Wraith, together they can shut down pretty much any attachment on my allies.
    2: It's a big tempo loss on a turn I'd rather be playing another ally/Shadow Font.
    3: High attack isn't required in Zaladar decks as his ability/Shadow Font allow him to combo up to high damage with little effort.
    4: Good players can easily play around it.
    5: Encourages you to only have one ally on board at a time, which is not a good way to be.
    6: It's lost deck space I'd rather spend on more threats.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for the information. I was expecting an answer like that.