Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Another Boris Deck

Heyy Guys

I have been playing with this.
    I can normally win or retake board control when needed.
    But tell me what you think.

1 Boris Skullcrusher

4 Sandra TrueBlade
    4 Blake Windrunner
    4 Aldon the Brave
    2 Aeon Stormcaller

4 Crippling Blow
    4 Blood Frenzy
    3 Valiant Defender
    2 Smashing Blow
    1 Enrage
    1 King's Pride

So what do you have to say about this?

Best regards

HI,
    try droping Aeon and use Raven Wildheart instead.
    Valiant Defender is nolonger needed since Boris now have Shield Bash.
    And I don`t like Enrage or Kings Pride.
    Taste my blade!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I personally think this decklist looks pretty badass.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mine is a bit different

1 Boris

4 Blake
    3 Aldon
    4 Sandra
    2 Aeon

3 Clipping Blow
    3 Valiant Defense
    4 Blood Flenzy
    1 War Banner
    2 Smashing Blow

1 King's Pride
    1 Berserker's Edge
    2 Jeweler's Dream

The Jeweler's Dream will be the hilight in my deck to gain board control.
    I'm thinking to put Puwen in my deck and take out Beserker's Edge or War banner, but they are very useful to me in late game.
    Removing Enrage since I sac it for a resource everytime.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thats nice,

I think enrage is crucial to the deck, it is +10 health to be burned from the opponent while you try to regain board control with valiant defender for example.

As for Jeweler's Dream, ill have to try. Normaly, only in a few turns i fell the need to have 2 extra resources to deploy something.
    But ill give it a try in some pvp matches, and ill give later you a better opinion.

Kings Pride is a 7 turn "i win" button, so i am thinking running 2 copies just to be sure i can get it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    King's Pride:

In a game where you can play Pride and have enough creatures for it to matter, you should probably have already won without it.

In a game where you don't have enough creatures to make it work, another card would probably have been more help in getting the board back (not that pride is a bad board control card, but 7 resource cost in that situation is bad)

That's why I don't run pride. A card that is mostly useful when you should already have the game sealed up is generally not that great.

Jeweler's Dream:

It looks good on paper, but really it isn't a very good card. 1 damage weapons with 4 durability tend to get burned off the table and do mostly irrelevent damage. It opens up some cool plays like dream-frenzy followed next turn by raven-blake or a turn 6 aeon-blake etc, but as a card it doesn't provide that much, and also it sits in your hand dead at least as often as it does something useful. It's got a niche because of the lack of other accelerants in the environment, but that's all.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Form my experience,

King's pride help me a lot for the surprise finisher when I got less than 5 hp with blood frenzy equipped. So if I would have had it 1 in my deck.

Jeweler's dream come handy when I need to gain board control back.

But I change Puwen to jasmine and it works better since zalardar cannot take her out in one shot.

Btw, it really depend on the situation for king pride and jeweler dream to be useful or useless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And downside of clipping blow is they gain attack with aldon or war banner. Thinking about to use shield bash instead but it use 3 resource.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ViTTiE View Post
    And downside of clipping blow is they gain attack with aldon or war banner. Thinking about to use shield bash instead but it use 3 resource.
    I dislike Crippling Blow for exactly this; also since it is only pseudo-removal, it doesn't help against Elementalis, and it makes me want to cry when I have to Cripple a Raven and Aldon gets played and she Cripples something back anyway.

But Cripple is only 2 resources. It's amazing for 2 resources. No other removal of any kind in the game costs 2 resources except NyM, which is a great card sadly only available to a terrible hero type.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about dropping the board control abilities, ie. shield bash and crippling blow? I've replaced them with more allies and have been having good success with it. There are times that I could have used a shield bash, but not where I was NEEDING it. To me, I would rather have more allies on the field than a shield bash or two.