Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

possible Gravebone strat

i dont play mages very much actually hardly at all but i was wondering if someone has or could make a viable deck using this strat.

Frosted Urgon
    Freezing Grip
    Voice of Winter
    Snow Sapphire
    Shatter ice

using all of these in a deck for synergy and also being able to continue to pull allies such as Sun-blighted one, Death Collector or which ever allies you might want to use from the graveyard so they arent being frozen by Voice of Winter. any ideas on a deck would be nice. not sure how viable it would be

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've seen it done on the test server. Tends to do well against some, but generally goes down hard against item destruction.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried this, but it isn't reliable. You always need Shatter Ice and one of those cards to get allies frozen. That is the first problem - because if the card you freeze with gets destroyed, you are messed up. And theres another problem: Only affects allies. Against decks without allies or not many allies you literally have bad cards to win.

Instead of having so many freeze cards, a Gravebone should run more cards for direct damage instead, it is more reliable against most decks - running 3 to 4 Supernovas, Lightning Strikes and Fireballs already takes a lot space in your deck, now put the rest as allies, your tomes and some item destruction cards. As Gravebone you want to pressure your opponent with allies, while dealing direct damage. Forget the freeze combo on him, too unreliable.

I talked for Gravebone here, as you said "gravebone strat". The freeze combo is more reliable on special Nishaven and Eladwen decks, because of their abilities. It is fun to play, but it is not competitive
    Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Heimdall

Helpful links :: Deck builder :: IRC Channel