Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Calmdown's Victor Heartstriker Deck of DOOM

This deck is absolutely brutal, but since I've decided to stop bothering playing now due to the number of rating cheats and the meta will have changed by the time I start playing again, I decided to post it.

1x Victor Heartstriker

4x Blake Windrunner
    4x Aldon the Brave
    4x Jasmine Rosecult

4x Retreat

4x Soul Seeker
    4x Beetle Demon Bow
    2x Guardian's Oath
    3x Night Prowler

If you get first turn, come out swinging with your human allies like any other human deck.

If you get second turn, resource your allies vs humans, unless you can get an early retreat down and drop some of the 4-hp guys. The only point to the early allies in this deck when going second is to stop you getting brutalised until you can get a bow down and take board control.

Retreat is spectacular; it can bounce a turn 2 Blake and radically alter the dynamic of the early game when you're 2nd, and later on it can bounce Aeon (who can be this deck's biggest issue in certain circumstances). Never discard any Retreats vs a Human player, ever.

Always aim to lay a turn 4 beetle bow as the tempo control of an instant 2 attack is huge, and it an be used to control enemy allies or simply pile on more rush damage. Don't feel the urge to turn it into a creature (especially against Zaladar or anyone running critter control) unless you have a good reason to.

Turn 5 night prowler if you have board control and a beetle bow down is basically game over, but this won't happen all the time. In most situations you want to hold on to prowler until you are going to get to swing with it twice (ie they have no allies down) but oftentimes it works fine just to take one card and force one of their allies to walk into a Victor defensive shot to take it out, possibly giving you board control in the process as that ally cant swing at one of your allies.

The deck has huge innate card advantage from the multi-use of bows, beetle being a dual-use card, and of course prowler.

Overall it's a very fun deck to play, and it requires a lot of skill to know what do do and when. It basically doesn't lose to Zaladar barring exceptional circumstances (he runs multiple Shrieks, gets them all early, and gets lucky Transferences). It gives Boris a very tough match; your biggest worry is Boris running multiple Smashing Blows which combined with Blood Frenzy can be tough if he goes first, but equally it's very tough for Boris to smash through your wall of defensive damage. If you go first you'll generally plow enough damage into him that he won't be able to kill you before he dies to your bow pings + his Blood Frenzy. Against other Human decks it is basically superior in every way, barring Aeon, again hence Retreats. Edit: Oh, and against Elementalis/Recursion/stuff that people are running, as soon as you lay Night Prowler the game is over.

Anyway, enough rambling. Hope it comes in use to someone. If enough people play it, the meta will shift away from Zaladar pretty quickly

Bugs to be aware of

Don't attack an enemy with no cards in hand whilst you have Night Prowler down, the game will lock up and you'll have to quit (its incredibly annoying knowing you have someone beaten but not being able to attack them wit your bow)
    If you have any exhausted allies or hero in play, Beetle Demon Bow cannot be activated.
    Gravedigger's Armour should maybe be in this deck, but currently locks the game up when you activate it.
    Last edited by Calmdown; 03-31-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Looks like lots of fun. I've not really messed around with hunters yet...been leaving that for the bottom of my "1.24 mess around with stuff" list. Imma throw this together and see how it plays tonight.

/wish I had more time to play =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck. Really strong and good.

Pete
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Could you elaborate on the rating cheats?, and BTW thanks for sharing the deck concept.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this one. I've been avoiding hunters in v1.24 after hearing all the hullabaloo about Soul Seeker's bustedness with Gwenneth. I like this build. One question lingers in my mind though... why Victor instead of Gwen?

Another question, less mentally bothersome: What do you do against opposing equipment? Kill them faster?

Also, I like the 4 Jasmine, instead of 4 Sandra in this deck. 3/4 (4/4 with Aldon) makes a difference.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by shannong View Post
    Could you elaborate on the rating cheats?, and BTW thanks for sharing the deck concept.
    Elaborated on his behalf:
    People cheat, by closing browser if they are going to lose. This makes the opponenet hang around for 3 minutes for his points and stops the poerson who closed the browser losing any rating as it is treated as a disconnect. They also do this if they dont go first or no good hand etc.

This means the top 20 are all people who have had hundreds of straight "wins" and no losses due to this being exploited.

Pete
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lightside View Post
    I like this one. I've been avoiding hunters in v1.24 after hearing all the hullabaloo about Soul Seeker's bustedness with Gwenneth. I like this build. One question lingers in my mind though... why Victor instead of Gwen?

Another question, less mentally bothersome: What do you do against opposing equipment? Kill them faster?

Also, I like the 4 Jasmine, instead of 4 Sandra in this deck. 3/4 (4/4 with Aldon) makes a difference.
    I would imagine because Gwen doesn't get her bonus when defending.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuull View Post
    I would imagine because Gwen doesn't get her bonus when defending.
    Thanks, i was wondering that too, didn't realise Gwen's skill was only offence, never really looked at the Hunters.

To Calmdown

Did you pick the 4x Jasmine Rosecult because you don't like the current predominant Sandra cheese with humans, or is there another reason? I realise she can take a bit more damage, but the resource cut people get is pretty decent with Sandra.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This deck is great to play, it's a lot of fun, and shines against zaladar. Mine is slightly different, -4 retreat, -2 jasmine, + 4 sandra, + 1 night prowler +1 puwen.

I like your thinking on retreat for aeons though, it means you can avoid the valiant defender lock.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My guess would her ability in late game allows bow use to be towards the hero. Also, the extra damage for less mana definetly adds to the rush agro. Any thought on using rapid fire x2?
    Last edited by Foshizel; 03-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.